Hue Royal Antiquities Museum (located in Le Truc street, Thuan Thanh district, Hue City) where preserving royal treasures has a history with many changes. The main exhibition house of the present museum used to be a palace under Nguyen Dynasty, called Long An Palace. It was built in 1845 by Thieu Tri King, located on the north of Ngu Ha River. It was a type of “isolated palace” for the king.
History In 1847, Thieu Tri King died. Since then, the palace was kept for the king’s worship. Through the Hue uprising (1885) to the reign of King Thanh Thai (1889-1907), a number of buildings including Long An Palace were destroyed. In 1909, under King Duy Tan, Long An Palace was reconstructed to be a library for Quoc Tu Giam School – and called Tan Tho Vien (Literature Institute). On 24.08.1923, the French Resident Superior Pierre Pasquier and Khai Dinh King decreed the establishment of the museum building and used it as a gallery for Association des Amis du Vieus Hue (a club of antiquarians in Hue).