This adventure trek takes you into the remote jungle on the western side of Ba Be National Park. You will trek into the thick jungle to discover the sheer, natural beauty of Ba Be Park. Whilst exploring the park, you will be able to meet the local people living and farming here as you trek to some of the ethnic minority villages. The trip will be topped off with a boat trip and cave exploration. This action-packed trip is perfect for those with a keen sense of adventure and a good level of fitness.
Hiking and trekking:
- a 2-4 km hike on day 1
- a 18-20 km trek on day 2
- a 8-10 km trek on day 3
- a 2-4 km hike on day 4
(Our travel consultants are also happy to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and style of travel. We can arrange for longer or shorter stays, offer hotel upgrades, or add an extension to additional places of interest.)
- Experience the intrigue of tribal life in charming villages and seeing their traditions and cultures
- Explore the riches of the national park and get away from the tourist trail
- Taking boat-trip on Ba Be Lake to enjoy the tranquility of the Vietnam largest natural lake
- Visit Hua Ma Cave, one of the wonders of North East and West region
- Tour Guides: Our experienced and friendly Tour Guide speaks excellent English. They are extremely knowledgeable about local cultures, history and the environment. Our tour guide will make your desires for adventure a reality
Tour guide and Driver of Vietodyssey Travel will come to your hotel in Hanoi to pick you up and go to Ba Be.
Ba Be Lake is situated in Bac Kan province which is 240 km northeast of the capital, Hanoi. On the way to Ba Be, you will visit The Museum of the Cultures of Vietnam's Ethnic Groups where you can learn about the culture and traditions of the different minority groups in Vietnam. This will be followed by lunch will be at a local restaurant and then the final stretch of the journey to Ba Be National Park. Onwards to Ba Be Lake.
You will arrive early in the afternoon, take a rest, have dinner and stay overnight in a local Tay minority family in their traditional wooden stilt house.
Ba Be Lake
Today is set to be a wonderful day of trekking!
Vietodyssey Travel's our guide will take you to Coc Toc Village where you can meet the Tay community. They have become very skilled at fishing in the lake and live on a diet that is very much centred around fish. After you have seen the lovely stilt houses and seen this idyllic way of life, you will set out to cross the Pe Lu Stream, before hitting some rough, steep terrain that will give you a little bit of a workout. As you gain height, though, you will be rewarded for your efforts with spectacular views of the verdant rolling countryside. Pressing on to the uplands we will stop for a picnic lunch in a H'mong ethnic village, and your guide may introduce you to some of the local H’mong people.
During the afternoon, Vietodyssey Travel's guide will take you through mountains and valleys and to see the stilt houses and school of the Dzao ethnic people, before moving on again to visit another H'mong ethnic village, where you will stay to have a tasty dinner in local homestay and spend the night at a gorgeous and comfortable Dzao house. But watch out, as they can be generous with their corn wine!
Accommodation: Homestay in Dzao house
Coc Toc Village
You will have a tasty breakfast at the homestay, and the opportunity to try on some traditional Dzao ethnic clothing for some memorable photos before saying your farewells and setting out for another fulfilling day of trekking.
You will take some slightly gentler trails compared to the previous day, visiting a black H'mông ethnic village before descending through the thick and beautiful forest with some spectacular views to visit Dau Dang Waterfall which lies on the border of the two provinces of Bac Kan and Tuyen Quang. After viewing the waterfall, your guide will take you to have lunch with 'Mr Pirate' who was the main actor in “Ba Be Lake Pirate Movie”.
After this, you will take a relaxing motorboat trip up the river to visit the breathtaking Puong Cave, a huge limestone structure that spans the river and is home to thousands of bats (of 18 different species) which flit between the many stalactites and stalagmites. You will then pass by and visit An Ma temple in the boat, before heading to our homestay for dinner and a restful night's sleep.
Boat trip on Ba Be Lake
After having breakfast at the homestay, you will head back to Hanoi, but not without first paying a visit to Hua Ma cave on the way. The cave has only recently been made accessible, as few locals would enter due to ancient beliefs. Legend has it that it is the resting place of many soldiers from previous wars in the region, but their spirits have been set free from the cave. You can descend into the cave via an impressively built concrete staircase to view the thousands of stalactites and stalagmites - a very atmospheric experience.
On the drive back to Hanoi, you can take the chance to rest stopping briefly for lunch at a local restaurant on the way. We arrive in Hanoi at about 17:30 where you will be let off at your hotel.
Inside Hua Ma Cave
Price & Inclusion
|3 - 4 pax
|5 - 7 pax
|8 - 10 pax
NOTE: PRICE PER PERSON
* Please contact our travel consultants at email@example.com to get discount for big group OR special price for children (under 10 years old).
* Private tour for a solo traveler is also available with a surcharge. Single supplement: applies for those who travelling with others but requires an single room for him/herself.
* The prices above are for the ready-to-book adventure outlined in this detailed program which has been handcrafted by our product experts to include the best of every destination. Our travel consultants are also happy to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and style of travel: longer or shorter stays, offer hotel upgrades, or add an extension to additional places of interes
Homestay (3 nights)
Clean and comfortable homestay with air-conditioning provided
3 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 3 Dinners
We choose local ingredients, typical of the way people eat in the area, at local restaurants, markets or homes.
We also cater for Vegetarians but please request this at time of booking.
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in air-conditioned vehicles
- Vietnam Visa Approval Letter (Stamp fee is not included)
- Meals as stated in the program (B= breakfast, L= lunch, D= dinner)
- Experienced English Speaking Tour Guide & 24/7 hotline support guaranteed
- All entrance and sightseeing tickets as mentioned in the program
- Drinking water available on the vehicles (01 bottle water/pp/day)
- Boat trip(s) as mentioned
- Optional tours
- Surcharges for other language guides
- Surcharges for Lunar New Year (TET) holiday
- Personal travel insurance
- Personal expenditure, such as drinks, souvenirs, laundry, camera fees, communications, postage, gratuities etc.
- Meals and services other than mentioned in the program
- Drinks with meals
- Visa stamp fees at Vietnamese embassies overseas and/ or upon arrival (Please note that a visa is compulsory for most nationalities.)
- Other services not mentioned above.
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation) for trips to Vietnam
- Prices are valid 30 days from date of offer. Past this date price and conditions may be readjusted
- If one or some proposed service(s) is (are) not available at the moment of booking, we will try to find other possibilities/options or other similar service(s) in order to avoid changes to the program.