You will escape the hustle and bustle of Hanoi on a peaceful 3-day tour of Ninh Binh and Cuc Phuong National Park. Cycle to the Red River through local villages, ancient temples and endless green fields of rice.
We board a boat to cruise on a windy river through limestone karsts jutting out of rice fields. A visit to the ancient capital of Hoa Lu before we get back to nature at Cuc Phuong National Park. The primitive tropical forest of Cuc Phuong has been attracting visitors since 1960. Cuc Phuong is famous for its rich animal and plant life and the dozens of ancient caves that can be found within the forest. The most interesting cave is, perhaps, Nguoi Xua or the cave of Ancient man where prehistoric stone – made tools have been found. Cuc Phuong National Park boasts some 2,000 distinct species of flora, including more than 50 varieties of orchids and giant impressive trees, some of which are over 1,000 years old. There are also 262 species of animals including reptiles, monkeys, flying squirrels and even wild horses make their home in park.
Meet The Monkeys Of An Endangered Primates Rescue Center In Vietnam
- Go for a nature walk in Cuc Phuong National Park
- Meet the monkeys of an endangered primates rescue center
- Discover the hidden caves by rowing boat
- Learn the history of Hoa Lu
A day exploring the countryside and local artisans. We have a short transfer out of the city to avoid traffic and start with a lovely ride on a dyke along the Red River, a perfect quiet place to get used to cycling in Vietnam.
Our first stop will be Bat Trang Ceramic Village which known for handmade ceramics. The pottery is quite varied and interesting. We then cycle south into the heart of the delta passing through many traditional villages and rice fields. Then our transport will take us for 2-hour drive to lunch in Tam Coc.
In the afternoon it's back on the bikes to ride a bit off road amongst karst cliffs to a small pier. We board a boat for a leisurely cruise on the Ngo Dong River, and float through three natural caves, the largest of which is 125 m long. Sit back, relax, see rural Vietnam from a different perspective and take in the dramatic limestone karst jutting out from the green rice fields. We disembark and cycle back through the karst cliffs to visit Thai Vi Temple, one of the oldest temples in Vietnam, built in the 13th Century.
Accommodation: Tam Coc Rice Filed Resort
Activities: Cycling ~60KM
Have breakfast at hotel then we start cycling from our hotel in Tam Coc for a flat ride to the town of Hoa Lu, the ancient capital of the Dinh and Ly dynasties. The route is stunning as you pass green rice fields amongst karst mountains. After a stop to visit Dinh Le Temple, built in the shape of a Chinese character in the 17th Century, we continue pedaling along the Hoang Long River through some impressive landscape. The first 35 kms are flat and then we'll have some small climbs up to the park, but they are all short.
In the afternoon, we will have lunch at entry of national park. Take a rest then we continue cycling to the center of the park and then have the option to transfer or cycle the 20 kms back to our overnight accommodation in the park.
Accommodation: Cuc Phuong Guest House
Activities: Cycling 77KM
This morning you will have the opportunity to explore Vietnam's first national park and hopefully sight one of the 97 species of mammals said to inhabit the park. We visit the Endangered Primate Rescue Center where a wide variety of native monkeys and gibbons, including critically endangered langurs were saved from wildlife smugglers and are being rehabilitated to return to the wild.
Then we continue cycling from the park to Chi Ne, a small peaceful town on the banks of the Boi River. Here we have lunch before we head back to Hanoi. The drive will take one and a half hours and we will arrive by late afternoon.
Tour ends at your hotel in Hanoi. Vietodyssey would love to meet you again!
Activities: Cycling 60KM
Price & Inclusion
|2 pax||3 - 4 pax||5 - 7 pax|
|Private Tour||USD $468||USD $377||USD $299|
NOTE: PRICE PER PERSON
* Please contact our travel consultants at firstname.lastname@example.org to get discount for big group OR special price for children (under 10 years old).
* Private tour for a solo traveler is also available with a surcharge. Single supplement: applies for those who travelling with others but requires an single room for him/herself.
* The prices above are for the ready-to-book adventure outlined in this detailed program which has been handcrafted by our product experts to include the best of every destination. Our travel consultants are also happy to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and style of travel: longer or shorter stays, offer hotel upgrades, or add an extension to additional places of interes
Standard resort in Tam Coc (1 night)
Guesthouse in Cuc Phuong National Park area (1 night)
02 Breakfasts, 03 Lunches, 02 Dinners
Vegetarian Meals are available, please request at the booking time
Air-conditioning back-up car
High quality mountain bike (TREK)
- Mountain Bike (TREK), helmet
- 1 Cycling English Speaking Guide
- 1 assistant guide for 8-16 cyclist, 2 assistant guides for 17+ cyclists
- 1 first aid kit per guide
- Each guide will have a full set of travel bike tools
- 16-seater van for two to three pax
- 16-seater van and luggage truck for three to four pax
- 29-seater van, luggage truck and backup bike for eight to nine pax
- Plenty of water provided throughout the day when cycling
- Snacks and local fruits
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner)
- Sightseeing tickets where mentioned in the itinerary.
- Accommodation as listed above
- International flights and Visa arrangement
- Others meals not mentioned above
- Alcoholic, and other beverages beyond water – we can add this into costs at your request
- Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Any other services not clearly mentioned in the itinerary and in the inclusive portion.
|Type of Bike|
|Total Cycling KM||~198KM|
|Total Cycling days||3 days|
|Support||Fully supported air-conditioning van including spare part, back up service|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 pax|
Cancellation by Customer
- Cancellation received before 60 days: FREE of charge
- Cancellation received from 30 days to 59 days prior arrival date: 10% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 15 days to 29 days prior arrival date: 30% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 7 days to 14 days prior arrival date: 50% of total rate
- Cancellation received less than 7 days prior arrival date or No show: 100% of total rate