Bask In The Natural Beauty And Adventurous Landscapes
- Bike through remote north Vietnam: See miles of undeveloped landscapes, pedalling over mountains and through valleys that are well-off the beaten track.
- Encounter hilltribe cultures: Bike through villages inhabited by Tao, White H’mong and other ethnic groups, witnessing their traditional culture and ways of life.
- Relax on Halong Bay: After the challenging cycling adventure, arrive in Halong Bay for a relaxing overnight cruise through the UNESCO-heritage site.
Transfer from Noi Bai Airport to Hanoi City Center: 45 mins
Upon arrival to Hanoi, our guide and driver will be waiting at Noi Bai Airport to provide transport to the hotel for check in. There will be a brief bike fitting in the afternoon, followed by (time permitting) a walking tour of Hanoi’s Old Quarter.
Enjoy a welcome dinner at one of the best local restaurants in Hanoi.
Accommodation Hotel in Hanoi.
Transfer: 2 hrs Cycling distance up to 80km Difficulty: Medium
Day 2 begins with a transfer about 2 hours outside the city. Cycle Route 313 up to Ha Hoa Bridge, passing the red river and reaching the homestay, which sits on the border of Thac Ba Lake, the biggest lake in the north. A vehicle will be available throughout the cycle.
Accommodation: Vu Linh Homestay
Note: The homestay has hot shower, but there is no air-conditioning
Transfer: 2 hrs Cycling distance up to 100 km Difficulty: Hard
Begin the long day’s cycle from Lavie Vulinh to Tuyen Quang, riding a new tarmac road linking Tuyen Quang about 31 kilometres into the trip. From there, continue cycling toward Chiem Hoa, cruising on quiet, scenic roads toward Bang Lung. The route is comprised of rolling hills and some fairly decent ascents.
Note: This area is home of a variety of minorities including the Tay, Red Dao, Coin Dao, and White H’mong.
Accommodation: Homestay in Ba Be
Transfer: 30 mins Cycling distance up to 100 km Difficulty: Hard
Depart early from the homestay cycling along Route 257 to Bac Kan, and continuing the route to Phu Thong – Na Phac on National Route 3. The cycle runs along on small, quiet routes with several manageable climbs. Expect beautiful, sweeping views across the mountains in the area of the Nui Pia Oac Nature Reserve. Enjoy a picnic lunch en route.
Accommodation: Homestay in Cao Bang
Transfer: 2 hrs Cycling distance up to 90 km Difficulty: Hard
Begin the day with a cycle up the road to the famous Ban Gioc waterfalls, located on the border between Vietnam and China in the province of Cao Bang.
En route to Ban Gioc Waterfall, take note of the many terraced rice paddies dotted with quaint houses creating a peaceful, poetic landscape. Enjoy a picnic lunch overlooking the waterfalls, followed by a transfer back Cao Bang.
Accommodation: Homestay in Cao Bang
Transfer: 1.5 hrs Cycling distance up to 130 km Difficulty: Very Hard
Day 6, begin the cycle from Cao Bang along route 4A toward That Khe, riding three mountain passes to Dong Khe. En route, enjoy some beautiful scenery of forested mountain ranges, lush fertile valleys, and traditional minority villages, with the road weaving and twisting through the mountains. The ride heads mostly downhill from Dong Khe to Lang Son.
Accommodation: Overnight in Lang Son
Transfer: 4-5 hrs Cycling distance up to 50 km Difficulty: Medium
Take the quieter, old Highway 1 towards Hanoi until reaching the new road. Transfer 4-5 hours to Halong for the overnight stay.
Accommodation: Hotel in Halong City
This morning is free at leisure until the transfer to the pier (around noon) for the cruise check-in. After being welcomed aboard, a lunch will be served while cruising towards the bay. In the afternoon, enjoy some visits and/or activities (depending on each boat’s itinerary) or just spend some time relaxing on board. Towards the end of the day, the boat sets anchor for the night among the karst formations; dinner will be served on board.
Accommodation: Overnight on boat
Soak in the mystical Halong morning with a sun rise over the middle of the Bay. Breakfast is served while the vessels cruises slowly through the magnificent rock formations and back towards the port. Disembark and transfer back to Hanoi.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi
Note: This tour to Halong Bay may be subject to change depending on weather conditions.
Transfer from Hanoi City to Noi Bai Airport :45 mins
Free at leisure until transport (provided) for the departing flight.
2 nights in Hanoi
1 night homestay in Vu Linh
1 night homestay in Ba Be
2 night homestay in Cao Bang
1 night hotel in Lang Son
1 night hotel in Halong city
1 night on Halong bay cruise
09 Breakfast, 07 Lunch, 08 Dinner
Mountain bike (TREK)
- Private air-conditioned vehicle for transfer and back up as itinerary.
- Mountain Bike (TREK), helmet, 1 biking water bottle per person
- Plenty of water provided throughout the day when cycling
- Snacks and local fruits
- 1 Cycling English Speaking Guide
- 1 assistant guide for 8-16 cyclist, 2 assistant guides for 17+ cyclists
- 1 first aid kit per guide
- Each guide will have a full set of travel bike tools
- Main support vehicle will have spare parts
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner)
- Sightseeing tickets where mentioned in the itinerary.
- Accommodation as listed above
- Flight reconfirmations
- Visa arrangement
- International and domestic flights
- Meals other than mentioned above
- Soft drinks, or beverages beyond water – we can add this into costs at your request
- Beverage and alcoholic drinks at mealtimes
- Gratitudes or tips
- Energy drinks or powders, performance bars, or performance gels (Gatorade, Powerbars, Gu, Isostar, etc)
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Personal expenditure (Laundry, telephone)
- Any other services not clearly mentioned in the itinerary and in the inclusive portion.
- Other language speaking guides
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation) for trips to Vietnam.
- Reservations during peak times (Christmas, New Year, Vietnamese Lunar New Year, National Holidays) may be subject to supplementary charges.
- Rooms at hotels are available only from 1400 on arrival day till 1200 on departure date. A supplement will be added if early check-in or late check-out is desired.
- Please note that all the above services & tours have yet to be booked, they are proposed for your information only and we will not make any reservations before we receive your confirmation to do so.
- If one or some proposed service(s) is (are) not available at the moment of booking, we will try to find other possibilities/options or other similar service(s) in order to avoid changes to the program.