Halong Bay and Bai Tu Long Bay of the submerged dragon, which boast 3000 craggy and towering islets, are amongst the most picturesque places in Vietnam.
The fantastic beauty of the bays has given rise to many legends, some of them dating back to the ancient past.
It is said that a dragon descended into the deep water spitting out gems as he did so. And thus the rocky islands were formed.
Departing Hanoi we journey to Ha Long City. Upon our arrival we embark on a boat trip among some of the spectacular limestone peaks.
We navigate to places out-of-the-way and find scenic spots. Here we settle our boat for swimming and taking a kayaking ride to exlore the bay. It is one of the best ways to relax and appreciate the sublime beauty of the bay.
Well off the tourist trail, we indulge in a beautiful spot, perfect for the night on our boat.
A morning boat trip brings us to some of the bay’s truly awesome scenery – vertical and unusual rocks and islets emerge from the sea. Weather permitting, there will be an opportunity to swim in the clear waters.
Leaving Halong Bay, we drive due north to Cai Rong Island. In Bai Tu Long Bay we enjoy a beautiful boat trip among the spectacular limestone peaks.
Weather permitting, we take a kayaking ride through stunning rock formations and fishing villages.
Arriving on Quan Lan Island, a serene and beautiful island in Bai Tu Long Bay, we head to our lodge.
Our lodge is tastefully designed with textile and bamboo accents on the bedding, adorned with traditional furnishing, the room is peaceful and exotic.
At our warm and friendly lodge we have the opportunity to learn to make traditional Vietnamese Spring Rolls and succulent fish dipping sauce and Squid dish.
Accommodation: Overnight in a comfortable hotel.
Quan Lan Island is located in Bai Tu Long Bay. The island is blessed with stunning beaches, scenic hills, sand dunes and surroundings sprinkled with tiny villages.
There is so much to see and do on Quan Lan Island - why not get a feel for the island by exploring an early fishing market or taking a quiet morning strolling around the picturesque village of Quan Lan and watching the day unfold on the island.
Next, we take a bicycling ride across the island before we board our boat to discover further northern reaches of Bai Tu Long Bay. We find a beautiful spot for taking a delightful kayak ride among vertical rock formations.
Finally we navigate to Cai Rong Island. This is followed by our journey back to Hanoi, arriving there at about 6pm.
Boat (1 night)
Lodge (1 night)
2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
We choose local ingredients, typical of the way people eat in the area, at local restaurants, markets or homes. We also cater for Vegetarians but please request this at time of booking.
- English speaking Tour Guides
- Meals listed on the itinerary
- Admission fees
- Permits where applicable
- Travel insurance
- Drinks (soft drinks, alcohol and bottled water)
- Personal expenses
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation) for trips to Vietnam.
- Prices are valid 30 days from date of offer. Past this date price and conditions may be readjusted.o The cost of air tickets is subject to change without prior notice by the airlines.
- Reservations during peak times (Christmas, New Year, Vietnamese Lunar New Year, National Holidays) may be subject to supplementary charges.o Rooms at hotels are available only from 1400 on arrival day till 1200 on departure date. A supplement will be added if early check-in or late check-out is desired.
- Please note that all the above services & tours have yet to be booked, they are proposed for your information only and we will not make any reservations before we receive your confirmation to do so.
- If one or some proposed service(s) is (are) not available at the moment of booking, we will try to find other possibilities/options or other similar service(s) in order to avoid changes to the program.