This spectacular trip offer the best of Ninh Binh, Mai Chau and Pu Luong within just 4 days. Discover a corner of Vietnam where ancient history and stunning landscapes collide. Travel from the modern capital to the first capital city, Hoa Lu and admire ancient relics. Mai Chau is the mountainous townlet of the Thai people. It is one of the most picturesque regions of Vietnam’s Northwest. Nearby, the Pu Luong Nature Reserve is an area with outstanding beauty and biodiversity and worth exploring by foot.
- Enjoy the stunning view of Trang An - Ninh Binh while cruising on rowing boat
- Discover amazing tunnel caves of "Halong Bay on Land”
- Appreciate the ancient history, architecture and culture of Vietnam northern mountain
- Feast on authentic Vietnamese food
- Seeing the beauty of Pu Luong Nature Reserve and Visiting beautiful hill side villages, magnificent rice paddies
- Staying at Homestay and have meal with ethnic people
Meet your guide and driver at your hotel in Hanoi and begin the journey early in the morning to reach Hoa Lu, Ninh Binh.
Explore Vietnam’s ancient capital city and visit 2 10th century temples commemorating the first 2 Emperors.
Next, hop on a traditional sampan boat to explore the historical Sao Khe river and cave system.
Eat lunch in Trang An and then cycle through the local villages, and visit a local family to learn about their daily life and culture.
Afterwards, visit a secret cave that opens up into a paradise valley. Here you can learn about local farming techniques and the floating rafts.
Head to your hotel in the early evening and enjoy some free time before a BBQ dinner.
Accommodation: Hotel in Ninh Binh
Have an early breakfast at hotel and then board the car to head to Mai Chau.
Stop along the way to visit a local market of the Muong ethnic minority and enjoy the beautiful scenery of Thung Khe Pass.
Arrive in Mai Chau Valley for lunch and then pay a visit to one of the traditional Thai stilt houses.
Hop on a bicycle to explore more of village and learn about the life and culture of the Thai people along the way. Stop by the handicraft village to learn about traditional weaving techniques and support the locals by buying their handmade products.
Board the van again to make your way to your hotel for the night in the hidden-away Buoc Village.
Enjoy some time before dinner, making the most of the swimming pool or take a walk or cycle around the village.
Accommodation: Hotel in Mai Chau
Biking in Mai Chau
Have breakfast at the hotel and then drive to Pho Doan. If you are visiting on a Thursday or Sunday, you’ll get the chance to visit a local market.
Late morning, begin your trek to Hieu Village to visit the beautiful waterfalls. Along the way, you’ll see more rural villages of the Black Thai people, ingenious waterwheels in the river and plenty of rice terraces.
Enjoy a picnic lunch by the waterfall and then continue trekking to other villages.
Make your way back to Pho Doan and drive on to your homestay in the middle of Pu Luong Nature Reserve.
Check in, have a shower and then enjoy some free time to walk around the village or help your host family prepare dinner.
Enjoy your traditional meal with homemade rice wine!
Pu Luong Terrace Fields
Rise to the sounds of the village and eat breakfast at the homestay.
Start early on your trek to visit the beautiful Kho Muong village and cave, a village hidden deep in the Reserve’s mountain range.
Explore the huge limestone karst cave and admire the giant stalagmites.
Enjoy another local Vietnamese lunch and then board the van to go back to Mai Chau and transfer back to Hanoi.
Hotel (2 nights), Homestay (1 night)
03 Breakfasts, 04 Lunches, 03 Dinners
We choose local ingredients, typical of the way people eat in the area, at local restaurants, markets or homes.
We also cater for Vegetarians but please request this at time of booking.
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in air-conditioned vehicles
- Vietnam Visa Approval Letter (Stamp fee is not included)
- Airport pick up and drop off
- Accommodation as stated in the itinerary
- Meals as stated in the program (B= breakfast, L= lunch, D= dinner)
- All transfers and sightseeing as mentioned in itinerary
- English Speaking Tour Guide All entrance and boat fees as mentioned in the programme
- Drinking water available on the vehicles (01 bottle water/pp/day)
- Optional tours
- Surcharges for other language guides Surcharges for Lunar New Year (TET) holiday
- Personal travel insurance
- Personal expenditure, such as drinks, souvenirs, laundry, camera fees, communications, postage, gratuities etc.
- Meals and services other than mentioned in the program
- Drinks with meals
- Compulsory gala dinners during festive seasons and peak season surcharges which will be advised at the time of booking
- Visa stamp fees at Vietnamese embassies overseas and/ or upon arrival (Please note that a visa is compulsory for most nationalities.)
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels, if not mentioned in the program
- Homestay condition is very basic
- Meals: Vietnam food
- This tour itinerary and tour prices are subject to change without prior notice, please refer to our terms and condition before booking.
- Please travel responsibly, the small things you do will make a big difference!