A journey to Duong Lam village is a trip to trace back the origin of Vietnam's culture and Vietnam's traditions. This is also the great chance explore architecture of ancient houses while wander along its narrow alleyways, visit temples dedicated to the two kings born there, and most interesting of all, chat with locals living in the ancient houses.
Van Phuc Silk Village, just 15km to the west of Ha Noi, is a place renowned over centuries for its silk-making and silk products - it is located in Ha Dong of former Ha Tay Province (Hanoi now). Recently, the village has enjoyed the revival of its craft due to a surging demand for silk in both the domestic and foreign markets. It has long been a universal byword of luxury, often worn by the world’s richest, most powerful citizens, nowadays, the fine and lustrous cloth that originally comes from the cocoon of the silkworm is much more affordable for "ordinary" folk. Silk is currently enjoying a fashion renaissance, particularly as its many varieties can be made into a wide range of designs suitable for all facets of modern life.
During the tour, you will be taken to visit villages of Duong Lam and Van Phuc. By visiting these villages, you will really feel the daily life of Vietnamese and know more about the culture and custom of Vietnam villages.
08:00 Get picked up at your hotel in Hanoi City Center then depart for Duong Lam ancient village (60km from Hanoi center).
09:30 Stop-over at Son Dong traditional sculpture village producing and supplying wooden statues to most of pagodas and temples in Northern Vietnam. Photograph skillful people mastering the technique of making marvelous wooden statues in numerous states.
10:30 Arrive at Duong Lam ancient village. Visit Mong Phu temple, some ancient houses and enjoy local products: rice wine, rice cakes.
11:00 Enjoy bicycle ride along peaceful countryside road to some historical vestiges such as: Giang Van Minh worship-house, Temples of King Ngo Quyen and Phung Hung.
11:30 Cycling uphill to see a natural holy “milking- well” storing clear water all the year round. It is believed to help childless couple produce a baby if drinking this water.
12:30 Become a member of the 400 year - ancient house while having lunch in here.
13:30 Get ready to return Hanoi.
14:15 On the way back, visit Tay Phuong pagoda built in the 8th century. It is the best example of old typical pagodas in the North of Vietnam, being special with 18 ancient Arhan statues.
16:00 Visit Van Phuc silk village, the cradle of best silk in Vietnam once. The house owner gives an introduction of the silk making process. Then experience the local silk market in Van Phuc village.
17:30 Get dropped off at your hotel in Hanoi City Center. Tour ends!.
- Hotel accommodation in shared twin/double room
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- Tours and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicles (boat is not air-conditioned)
- English speaking local guide (for other languages supplements apply)
- All entrance fees as indicated in itinerary
- International and domestic flights
- Meals other than mentioned above
- Camera/video entrance fees
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance, tips, visa
- Other services not clearly indicated in the package inclusions above
- Free of charge for children under 1m (1 metre) , other expense pay by parents
- 50% rate of adult for children over 1m ( metre ) and under 1,2m ( 1,2 metre )
- Children over 1,2m ( 1,2 metre ) and over are charged as adults
- Two adults allow to bring one child.
- Children 50% & 100% have one private seat and 1 mineral water as adults