Approx: 0,5 hour driving/ 4 hours walking/ 1 hour lunch.
You will leave the busy life behind to enjoy a nice walk in an area, which is not touristy as well as visit a small village of Black Hmong minority.
You will be greeted by the local tour guide who will give a brief introduction about the whole tour. After that, the trekking expedition starts. You will go off the main road, onto hilly mountainous trails. Your surrounding is filled with lush vegetation, pine forest and fresh air. You will experience the untouched beauty of the area. Matra is the newly added location in a series of villages in Sapa that visitors can go to. The village is about 5km from the town of Sapa. This has around 50 households, resided by only H’Mong people. Ma Tra village has restored the traditional flax weaving loom, forging tools and carved silver production as part of tourism. After 3h walks from Matra, you will then reach Taphin village where the red Dao and H’mong reside. With this mix of ethnicity, the culture is this village is rather exciting and colorful. Lunch will be served on the way in a local family.
You will also have a chance to visit the unique caves in the Taphin area. This cave system is small and meandering, leading to all different direction but will eventually lead you to one point. The village also has an old monastery built during the French colonial period. There is also an arts and crafts house displaying and selling authentic jewelries made by the locals. In late afternoon, you will take your car back to the town.
Price & Inclusion
|Price per person based on group of 2|
NOTE: PRICE PER PERSON
* Please contact our travel consultants at email@example.com to get discount for big group OR special price for children (under 10 years old).
* Private tour for a solo traveler is also available with a surcharge. Single supplement: applies for those who travelling with others but requires an single room for him/herself.
* The prices above are for the ready-to-book adventure outlined in this detailed program which has been handcrafted by our product experts to include the best of every destination. Our travel consultants are also happy to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and style of travel: longer or shorter stays, offer hotel upgrades, or add an extension to additional places of interes
- English speaking tour guide
- All transportation and transfers as mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals as indication (1 lunch)
- Entrance fees and permits where applicable
- Bottle of water on coach/trek
- Pre & Post trip accommodation
- Personal expenses
- Tips and expenses
- Travel insurance
- Transportation back to Sapa Town after your trek. (The transportation will either be by motorbike taxi or shared minibus depending on the size of your group.)
- Your guide will meet you at your hotel in Sapa, or at our office in Sapa to begin the trek. You can leave your luggage in our office while trekking. Showers are also available at our office.
- You will only decide the exact route of your trek on the day when you meet your guide. This allows you to choose a trek which suits your ability and interests. Your guide will be able to advise you on the best routes and places of interest. Some routes may not be available due to adverse weather conditions, but your guide will be able to advise you.