- Leisure cycling across Mai Chau valley
- Trekking to remote ethnic village for homestay overnight
- Fantastic, changing sceneries
- A comfortable cruise on the less traveled routes of Halong bay
Meet your tour guide on arrival at Noi Bai International Airport. Transfer to the hotel in city center and check-in.
Hotel rooms may not be ready until 14:00 but an early check-in would be guaranteed with a surcharge. The rest of the day is at leisure. Subject to your arrival time, you may want to venture out to explore the city on your own or join one of our wonderful optional excursions in and around Hanoi.
Optional: We introduce two one-of-a-kind traditional performances which are found nowhere else than in Vietnam. You can choose one of below options:
- Water Puppet Show where puppets are performed on water stage with folk music, presenting ancient tales, folklores and daily life in Vietnamese countryside.
- Tu Phu (Four Palaces) Show - a very unique show about ritual of spirit practiced in the Vietnamese indigenous religion with music, colors and lively dance performance. The Four Palaces Shows take place on Thursday and Saturday every week.
If you're interested in the shows, please contact our travel consultants to book.
Departure from your hotel for the morning drive to Mai Chau through mountainous landscape and spectacular views. Upon arrival at Mai Hich village, we'll check in to the traditional wooden stilt house of a Thai ethnic minority family.
In the afternoon, you can ride or trek around the green hills and hear your guide describe the surrounding along the way, even discover some hidden gems few kilometers away from the village. Afterwards, we can understand more about the everyday life and culture of the Thai people as you have dinner and overnight in the stilt house with our friendly Thai hosts.
Accommodation: Homestay at a traditional house-on-stilts
With ‘Homestay’ experience, your overnight accommodation is provided by a local family in their traditional house-on-stilts. There’s no private room and you’ll sleep on the floor in a large communal area. The sleeping corner is set up with a single mattress (thin, but adequate), blankets (ditto), pillow and mosquito net. The restroom is at international standard and a few steps from the main house.
For early risers, you can join the farmers in their morning work to feel the life in rural Vietnam. After having breakfast, we leave our hosts to drive further into the Pu Luong nature reserve to begin the 2-hours trekking on single trail through hill tribe villages and terraced rice fields, with opportunity to take a break at local village en route.
Have a quick transfer to Pu Luong retreat lodge, where you’ll check-in the sharing house-on-silts and enjoy lunch break.
In the afternoon, we take on steep climbs, stream crossings that lasts about 2.5 hours at intermediate level before reaching Kho Muong village which is possibly one of the hidden gems in Vietnam. You’ll back to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Note: Remember to bring along good shoes and batteries for your camera.
Accommodation: Pu Luong retreat – shared-house
After breakfast, check out and head to Tam Coc - "Dry Halong Bay" with breathtaking karsts formation. On arrival, you will enjoy a lightly bike ride or buffalo cart riding around the sceneries of Tam Coc and have lunch at a local house.
Later before the sunset, take a sampan ride and discover the scenic waterways of the area. We return for dinner and spend the night at your hotel.
Accommodation: Hotel in Tam Coc
We check-out and embark to Halong through the Red River Delta. Upon arrival, it is time to say farewell to your guide and driver as they will help you to board of Halong bay crúie. Cruise around boundaries of Halong bay and enjoy delicious lunch with fresh seafood is served (vegetarian and kids menus available).
After lunch, just make yourself at ease and relax before reaching the perfect spot, remote and scenic sightings. Brace yourself for a closer look to the magnificent bay formation by kayaking around it.
Then we get back on board to refresh and start the aperitif on the sundeck. Depending on weather conditions, dinner is served either inside or outside. Overnight on board in a cozy air-conditioned cabin with en-suite bathroom facilities.
Accommodation: Halong bay cruise
We will be back to Hanoi at about 4pm so for early risers, a 30-minute Tai Chi session will be organized, energize your soul or just indulge yourself on a sunbath with a cup of coffee while observing the beauty of this misty bay.
Around 7.45am, we step on bamboo boats to visit a secluded floating village surrounded by the mountains. Witnessing numerous floating houses and small rowing boats that serve the everyday life as fishing utility, boutique shops and overnight shelter.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi
Have leisure time before your departure. You are welcome to join our interesting optional excursions in and around Hanoi City.
Please note that hotel check-out time is at 12:00. A late check-out can be arranged subject to room availability and a surcharge will be applied.
Transfer to the airport for your onward flight. Tour ends after arriving at the airport.
Price & Inclusion
|2 pax||3 - 4 pax||5 - 7 pax||8 - 10 pax|
|Luxury (5*)||USD $932||USD $770||USD $712||USD $690|
|First Class (4*)||USD $687||USD $532||USD $475||USD $446|
|Superior (3*)||USD $595||USD $445||USD $387||USD $368|
|Standard (2*)||USD $568||USD $419||USD $364||USD $338|
NOTE: PRICE PER PERSON
* Please contact our travel consultants at email@example.com to get discount for big group OR special price for children (under 10 years old).
* Private tour for a solo traveler is also available with a surcharge. Single supplement: applies for those who travelling with others but requires an single room for him/herself.
* The prices above are for the ready-to-book adventure outlined in this detailed program which has been handcrafted by our product experts to include the best of every destination. Our travel consultants are also happy to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and style of travel: longer or shorter stays, offer hotel upgrades, or add an extension to additional places of interes
- Accommodation as mentioned in the program
- Meals as specified in the program
- Travel in an appropriate air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced driver
- All activities as mentioned in the tour program (cycling, visiting, trekking, boating, kayaking)
- The services of an experienced English-speaking guide
- A one-night cruise on board of the comfortable Treasure Junk
- All entrance fees
- VAT and other taxes
- Beverages, gratuities and personal expenses
- Camera fees (if any)
Single supplement: applies for those who travelling with others but requires an single room for him/herself
* Prices are valid until 30 Sep 2018
* Accommodation upgrade and/or itinerary extension are available at a surcharge.
* Please contact our travel consultants at firstname.lastname@example.org to get discount for group of more than 2 people, or special price for children (under 10 years old). Private trip for a solo traveler is also available with extra charge.