The Mai Chau area is a world away from the hustle and bustle of Hanoi. The small town of Mai Chau is unappealing, but nearby are Thai villages surrounded by lush paddy fields. There’s minimal traffic, and the rural soundtrack is defined by gurgling irrigation streams and birdsong.
Just 3,5 hours from Hanoi, Mai Hich is a wonderful place for nature and local culture discovery. Surrounded by stunning mountain landscapes and off from the beaten tracks, Mai Hich brings you the feel of a real adventure and great escape in Vietnam.
- Great mountain landscapes
- Visit to Lac village of Mai Chau
- Homestay in secluded village of Mai Hich
- Cycling around country village
- Bamboo rafting in Xia River
- Great local interaction and local life experience
- Tour Guides: Our experienced and friendly Tour Guide(s) speak excellent English. They are extremely knowledgeable about local cultures, history and the environment.
08:00 am: The guide pick you up at your hotel and depart to Mai Hich, Mai Chau. Enjoy the ride through the paddy fields of the Old Doai village and street-side village markets. Take a stop at Thung Khe Pass to observe the landscape of the valleys and hills.
Arrive in Mai Hich and be greeted by the village hosts in traditional dresses with cold drinks. Mai Hich Village is set amongst peaceful and beautiful mountain landscape and is enriched with the fascinating indigenous cultures of the Thai and Muong ethnic populations. Unlike the other villages that somewhat commercialized with modern life and mass tourism, Mai Hich still like a child sleeping amongst the mountains that still keeps with it the authenticity of traditional way that have been practiced for hundreds of years.
Have a home-cooked local lunch with forest specialties and fresh ingredients.
Afternoon: Cycle or walk around the villages to enjoy the beauty of the surrounding nature and rural activities in action, including houses-on-stilt, fish ponds, low terrace paddy fields, and so on. Take part in some of the daily farming routines of local farmers. Check out a traditional weaving cooperative and have a chance to buy some hand-made souvenirs for your loved ones. Continue on to enjoy a rafting adventure along Xia River. Take a walk through the corn fields, paddy fields and enjoy the daily life of the local community. At the end of day, check in homestay (with privacy, coziness, and free wifi access)
Have dinner while enjoying the music and dances of Thai youth. Have a chance to learn and join the dances, and taste some local alcoholic specialty afterwards.
Accommodation: Homestay at minority people with basic facilities
Rafting on Xia River
Waking up to the fresh and tranquil morning of North west mountainous area! Have breakfast in the setting of local people. Then trek through the villages, bamboo forests, visit a local brick factory, visit Thai, Mai Ha, Chieng Chau villages on the way from Mai Hich to Lac Village. Have some souvenir shopping time at the center of Lac Village.
After lunch in Lac Village, have time for relaxing before taking a car back to Hanoi. Arrive in Hanoi, finish our services.
Finish unforgettable Authentic Mai Hich Tour with Vietodyssey, Good bye & see you in the next time! Vietodyssey can arrange additional customized trips for you if the above itinerary does not match your expectations. And if you love explore our country more, you can get our Vietnam tours for more choices.
1 Breakfast, 2 Lunches, Dinner
We choose local ingredients, typical of the way people eat in the area, at local restaurants, markets or homes. We also cater for Vegetarians but please request this at time of booking.
Air-conditioning car with safe driver
Bamboo Raft in Xia River
- Homestay in house-stilt
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- Transfers by private air-conditioned vehicles
- English speaking local guide
- All entrance fees as indicated in itinerary
- Rafting in Xia River
- Cold water and towel during tours
- Visa stamp fee
- International air ticket
- Other meal, drink, Tip to guide and driver, personal expenses
- Supplement for French, Spanish, Italian and German speaking guide
Cancellation by Customer
- 30% of total package price should be deposited once the booking is confirmed
- Cancellation received less than 72 hours prior arrival date or No show: full charge the total package tour
- Cancellation received from 4 days to 14 days prior arrival date: 50% of total package tour charged
- Cancellation received from 15 days to 20 days prior arrival date: 10% of total package tour charged