Your trip starts from Sapa. You cycle downhill on a windy road, which goes along Muong Hoa valley. The valley is home to Black Hmong, Giay and Red Dao minorities. From the road you will have many opportunities to enjoy amazing scenery of mountains and rice paddy terraces as far as the eyes can see. After a short break in Su Pan, you will cycle downhill until you reach Thanh Phu village of Tay minority. Here you stop for lunch in a traditional Tay house.
After lunch, your ride will be mostly uphill; you head toward Sin Chai village of Red Dao minority. Where you will stay overnight in in a local house in the village.
Approx: 6 hours cycling/ 1-hour lunch.
Local people in Sin Chai Village
Today’s ride will be a little softer. You will pass by some tinny villages. You can stop by a local school and give children some small gifts such as pens or books. You will also be able to meet Xa Pho minority, one of the smallest ethnic group, which cannot be found in other areas. You will pass by Thanh Phu and continue to Ban Ho.
In Ban Ho you will enjoy lunch in a local house. After lunch, you will take a short walk to the nearby river, where you will be able to have a swim. You can take a break and have a cup of tea in a Tay house before you get on a car for a journey back to Sapa.
Approx: 1.5-hour driving/ 1 hour walking/ 3 hours cycling/ 1 hour lunch.
Trekking in Ban Ho
1 Breakfast, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner
We choose local ingredients, typical of the way people eat in the area, at local restaurants, markets or homes.
We also cater for Vegetarians but please request this at time of booking.
Mountain bike with Helmet
Air-conditioning car with safe driver
- English speaking guide
- Good mountain bikes with helmets
- All indicated meals (B as breakfast; L as lunch; D as dinner)
- Water, tissue, snacks on the whole trip
- Supply vehicles
- All entrance fees and permit
- Accommodation (homestay with basic facilities)
- Soft drink (beer, coca cola…)
- All other services not indicated above
Cancellation by Customer
- 30% of total package price should be deposited once the booking is confirmed
- Cancellation received less than 72 hours prior arrival date or No show: full charge the total package tour
- Cancellation received from 4 days to 14 days prior arrival date: 50% of total package tour charged
- Cancellation received from 15 days to 20 days prior arrival date: 10% of total package tour charged