Reveal the spectacular landscapes with some interesting embedded relics and histories in this unforgettable journey. From the first capital city, Hoa Lu, to the strange-shaped limestone karsts in a scenic cruise on Halong Bay which will create an unique experience for your own imagination.
Most Beautiful Route In North Vietnam
- Explore the ancient capital city of Hoa Lu: Visit Vietnam’s first capital city and admire the tombs of former emperors and the crumbling walls of the Citadel.
- See the striking Tam Coc: Hop on the wooden sampan and cruise along the river surrounded by towering limestone karsts and verdant rice paddies.
- Cruise Halong Bay: Take an overnight cruise through the UNESCO-heritage site of Halong Bay, witnessing the beautiful scenery and enjoying the fresh seafood.
Hanoi to Ninh Binh (110km): 2hrs driving
Start your day for the scenic drive from Hanoi to Hoa Lu, Vietnam’s first capital. Pay a visit to the temples dedicated to Emperor Dinh Tien Hoang of the Dinh Dynasty (968-80), and Emperor Le Dai Hanh of the Le Dynasty (980-1009).
Afterwards, you can hike on one of the surrounding limestone karst hills to enjoy the spectacular views if time permits.
Then heading to Tam Coc for a delicious Vietnamese lunch. Take a short break en route to take photographs of the local villages and the striking landscape.
After lunch, hop on a wooden sampan to one of the below destinations (see options below). As the boat gently cruising through the water, witness the immense limestone karsts projecting from the rice fields giving rise to this area’s nickname, 'Halong on Land'.
For whom wants adventurous, challenge yourself by climbing up to Bich Dong Pagoda on the nearby Ngu Nhac Mountain.
*Option 1: Trang An
Located near Tam Coc, Trang An is a nature reserve similar to Tam Coc, but much less touristy. Limestone hills surround a peaceful river which passes through a series of caves (one which takes 15-minutes to pass through in darkness). An ‘eco-tourism’ area, where you can take in the birds chirping and the gentle paddle of the oar upon the fresh and clear river.
*Option 2: Thung Nang
Similar to Tam Coc, Thung Nang is off the trail and also a pleasant alternative. Pass through a stunning cave, various fields of charming lotus (in summer) and reach a quaint pagoda before returning on the same route.
Note: Please be aware that some women on boats may try to sell local products to tourists. Guests should refer to their guide if this situation makes them uncomfortable.
At leisure for the rest of the day.
Overnight in Ninh Binh.
Accommodation: Hotel in Ninh Binh
From your chosen hotel in Ninh Binh to Halong Bay (160km): approx. 4hrs
In the morning, we head to Halong Bay for a 4-hour scenic drive through beautiful landscapes.
Arrive at the pier in Halong Bay (towards noon) and proceed with check-in formalities for the overnight cruise. After boarding, enjoy lunch while cruising into the bay. In the afternoon, enjoy some interesting activities on board or just relaxing on board. Towards the end of the day, the boat will anchor for the night among the karst formations; dinner is served on board.
Overnight on Halong Bay.
Accommodation: Halong bay cruise
From Halong Bay to Hanoi (160km): approx. 4hrs
For early risers, you can enjoy a beautiful sunrise on Halong followed by a simple breakfast as the boat cruises towards the pier through the magnificent karst formations. Disembark and transfer back to Hanoi.
Note: This tour may be subject to change depending on weather conditions
Price & Inclusion
|2 pax||3 - 4 pax||5 - 7 pax||8 - 10 pax|
|Superior (3*)||USD $218||USD $210||USD $190||USD $180|
NOTE: PRICE PER PERSON
* Please contact our travel consultants at email@example.com to get discount for big group OR special price for children (under 10 years old).
* Private tour for a solo traveler is also available with a surcharge. Single supplement: applies for those who travelling with others but requires an single room for him/herself.
* The prices above are for the ready-to-book adventure outlined in this detailed program which has been handcrafted by our product experts to include the best of every destination. Our travel consultants are also happy to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and style of travel: longer or shorter stays, offer hotel upgrades, or add an extension to additional places of interes
- Accommodation in a shared twin or shared double room
- Meals as mentioned (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- English or French speaking guide (for other languages supplements apply)
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees for mentioned visits
- Boat trips as mentioned in the itinerary
- Other meals than mentioned
- Other services than mentioned
- International and domestic Flights
- Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
- Tips, Travel insurance
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation) for trips to Vietnam.
- Prices are valid 30 days from date of offer. Past this date price and conditions may be readjusted.
- The cost of air tickets is subject to change without prior notice by the airlines.
- Reservations during peak times (Christmas, New Year, Vietnamese Lunar New Year, National Holidays) may be subject to supplementary charges.
- Rooms at hotels are available only from 1400 on arrival day till 1200 on departure date. A supplement will be added if early check-in or late check-out is desired.
- Please note that all the above services & tours have yet to be booked, they are proposed for your information only and we will not make any reservations before we receive your confirmation to do so.
- If one or some proposed service(s) is (are) not available at the moment of booking, we will try to find other possibilities/options or other similar service(s) in order to avoid changes to the program.