- Duration: 2 days / 1 night
- Tour Type: Private Tour
- Theme: Vietnam Top Tours
The Luang Say boat leaves Huay Xai pier at 9.30am (please be at Luang Say Houei Sai office not later than at 8.30am) for a cruise down the Mekong River to Pakbeng.
9.30 Deparure. Within the Mekong region, the capital of the Lao province of Bokèo, Huay Xai is an important border crossing point with neighboring Chiang Khong, Thailand and was thus chosen as the ideal departing port for the cruise.
10.30: After one-hour journeying along the river, the boat stops at a traditional village. This is a chance to observe rural life along the Mekong and witness the daily life of ethnic minorities and their talented craftsmanship.
12.30: Lunch is served on board in a buffet style with a selection of starters and main course from Laos’ main culinary delights as well as a choice of dishes
16.00: The river cruise arrives at Luang Say Lodge near Pakbeng before sunset, giving plenty of time to refresh, enjoy the scenery of the river and admire the surrounding nature. A Laotian dinner is served on the open air terrace overlooking the Mekong River.
7.00 : Mornings are special times at Luang Say Lodge with stunning sights of the peaceful neighboring mountains, often shrouded in mist, while a full breakfast is served on the expansive teak terrace.
8.00: The cruise departs for another day of nature discovery along the legendary river with two stops planned along the way to Luang Prabang.
10.30: A few hours into the day after enjoying the sights of granite cliffs and sparkling sandy shores, the river boat makes a stop to visit the hill tribe village of Baw, where you can watch the traditional process of making Lao whiskey.
12.30: Lunch is served on board in a buffet style with a selection of starters and main course from Laos’ cuisine. A different choice of dishes than on the frst day is prepared for a greater culinary experience.
15.30: Opposite the mouth of the Nam Ou River, near Pak Ou village, the cruise stops to visit the Tam Thing
cave. Translated as Rock Cave, it is famous for housing over 2,500 Buddha statues of all sizes and for being a place of pilgrimage for locals.
17.00: Following a day along the wide Mekong river, with beautiful sceneries of mountains, wild nature, local life and delicious food, the cruise arrives at Luang Prabang, the former imperial capital of Laos.
- Transfer from Laos’s immigration to the pier in Houayxay or v.v.
- 2 days cruise with stops and visits en route
- 1 night accommodation at the Luang Say Lodge
- Meal plan as mentioned in the program (2 lunches, 1 dinner, 2 breakfasts )
- Coffee, tea & drinking water on board and during meals.
- Admission fee at visiting points as mentioned in the program.
- Services of qualified crews during the cruise.
- Transfer from/to hotel to pier in Luang Prabang
- Shuttle boats to Chiang Khong / Houayxayor Houayxay / Chiang Khong
- Immigration fees in Houayxay
- Soft and Alcoholic Drinks during the trip.
- Visa approval and fees for Laos
- Services in Luang Prabang
- Personal insurance
- Other personal expenses
- PROGRAMS & SCHEDULES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE
- In case of unpredictable bad conditions of weather in Halong Bay, please kindly understand that the cancellation will be made ONLY by the Management Board of Halong Bay and normally the announcement will be informed in short notice.
- No both cruises operation in June.
- Luang Say Cruise Downstream departs from slow boat pier in Houei Sai at 9a.m. so please be at Luang Say office in Houei Sai (next to Laos immigration)by 8.30a.m. at the latest.
- For downstream cruises,a luggage tag will be given at Chiang Khong (Thailand border).
- Luang Say Cruise Upstream departs at 7a.m. from Auberge Calao pier(Yellow Hotel)on Mekong River Road so please be at the pier by 6.45a.m. at the latest.
- A continental breakfast is served on board for the first morning of the upstream program.
- Please bring a jersey/a jacket as it can get cool at the Lodge and on the boat from Oct to Feb.
Cancellation by Customer
- More than 45 days prior to departure: 10% of total price
- From 45 days to 30 days prior to departure: 50% of total rate
- From 29 days to 8 days prior to departure: 75% of total rate
- Less than 8 days prior to departure or No Show: 100% of total rate
- Child age 2-12 years old discount 50% when sharing room with parents. Infants (under 2 years old) are free of charge.