- Hike to view endless stretches of verdant Mai Chau valley and its villages: Take a 2 to 3-hour hike to Xa Linh village and get a chance to meet the hill tribe community of Green Hmong
- Observe a traditional Vietnamese performance: Learn about the Vietnamese ethnic group’s history and way of living through music and dance
- Bike through the villages: Take a relaxing bike ride around Mai Chau Valley
Hanoi to Mai Chau (150 km)
After an early breakfast, you will leave the bustling city behind before embarking for a 4-hour scenic drive to Mai Chau. As the scenery starts to take on with striking views around every corner and an endless region of verdant hills and towering mountains within the distance.
Upon arrival in Mai Chau, fill up your energy with a delicious lunch served at a local restaurant before starting the first trek to explore the idyllic natural surroundings and visit the extraordinary Mo Luong (Soldier) Cave.
Accommodation: Homestay in Mai Chau
Mai Chau Discovery
In the morning, spend a few hours exploring the surrounding villages before going on a light trek (2 to 4 hours) that follows steep paths, stream crossings, and verdant jungle hillsides through Xa Linh, Pa Co which is home of the Green H’mong hill tribe. Picnic lunch is served between the trek. In the afternoon, enjoy an easy stroll to the ethnic minority villages of Van Mai, Mai Hich, Cum and Xam Khoe before transferring back to the accommodation.
In the evening, enjoy a warm welcome by the delightful locals with a taste for their culture by joining in a local BBQ meal and watch their traditional dance performance. Much of their lifestyle and traditions have remained unchanged over the years.
Accommodation: Homestay in Mai Chau
Start this morning with a relaxing bike ride to the nearby villages in Mai Chau Valley and then drop by the town’s market to enjoy the local atmosphere. Eat a delicious lunch in Mai Chau and begin the journey back to Hanoi. It is a great opportunity for photographs as the views on top of Mai Chau Valley are magnificent. Arrive in Hanoi in the early evening.
- Accommodation with daily breakfast
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- English or French speaking guide (for other languages and a national guide supplements apply)
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees for mentioned visits
- Other meals than mentioned
- Other services than mentioned
- International and domestic Flights
- Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
- Travel insurance
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation) for trips to Vietnam.
- Prices are valid 30 days from date of offer. Past this date price and conditions may be readjusted.
- The cost of air tickets is subject to change without prior notice by the airlines.
- Reservations during peak times (Christmas, New Year, Vietnamese Lunar New Year, National Holidays) may be subject to supplementary charges.
- Rooms at hotels are available only from 1400 on arrival day till 1200 on departure date. A supplement will be added if early check-in or late check-out is desired.
- Please note that all the above services & tours have yet to be booked, they are proposed for your information only and we will not make any reservations before we receive your confirmation to do so.
- If one or some proposed service(s) is (are) not available at the moment of booking, we will try to find other possibilities/options or other similar service(s) in order to avoid changes to the program.