Nestled at the foot of the beautiful and majestic Hoang Lien Son chain Mountain, Mu Cang Chai in Yen Bai province possesses the wild landscapes of nature, rice terrace fields known as the most beautiful in the world. It attracts travelers and photographers to discover and admire all year round with different beauties plus hill tribe people.
(Our travel consultants are also happy to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and style of travel. We can arrange for longer or shorter stays, offer hotel upgrades, or add an extension to additional places of interest)
- Explore the stunning and hidden terrace rice field
- Amazing & adventure motorbike road
- Visit wonderful villages & enjoy the warmly homestay of hill tribe people
- If you can’t drive, don’t worry, we have a tour guide to drive for you, you just only seat back and enjoy. If you are professional driver and want to drive on the high speed motorbike, please let us know to arrange the bike for you.
- Tour Guides: Our experienced and friendly Tour Guide speaks excellent English. They are extremely knowledgeable about local cultures, history and the environment. Our tour guide will make your desires for adventure a reality
7.00am: We take the bus from Hanoi to Yen Bai city then get the motorbike to Nghia Lo. Arrive Nghia Lo town in the afternoon, do a short cycle trip to explore the Muong Lo Rice Valley – where is the home of Thai people in Vietnam. Dinner & overnight at stilt house of Black Thai family.
Distance: 180km by bus + 80km by motorbike
Muong Lo Rice Valley
After breakfast, we continue run from Nghia Lo – Mu Cang Chai. This journey passes through stunning mountainous landscape, featuring with fertile hilly area covered with green tea plantations, the mountains get higher and higher. We will over the Khau Pha pass (one of the four greatest passes in Northern Vietnam).
The ride is on some of the most scenic roads which offer a lot of stops for picturing. We’ll cross Tu Le -Trekking around in Lim Mong, Lim Thai village – a beautiful valley located at the foot of the pass.
We have full day to discover the beauty of this mountainous district. Mu cang chai – the hilly paddy growing districts, are designated as Vietnam’s national heritage site. It is home to Vietnam’s Hmong minority tribe, whose rural way of life & colorful ethnic costumes and amazing scene for photography.
Ride on the motorbike belong the beautiful green or yellow terraced rice fields, enjoy the amazing and stupendous of mountain region, explore the farming work and life of Hmong ethnic people.
Overnight in homestay of Thai ethnic people.
Distance: Over 100km by motorbike
Mu Cang Chai
After our breakfast, there’s more time to look around and experience life in Mu Cang Chai. We can visit some villages beside the road like Che Cu Nha, Lim Mong, Lim Thai. We come back from Mu Cang Chai – Tu Le – Nghia Lo.
Afternoon: Catch the bus back from Yen Bai to Hanoi and arrive Hanoi in the evening. Our guide say good bye & see you again in another journeys.
Distance: 180km by motorbike + 180km by bus
Homestay (2 nights)
Clean and comfortable homestay
2 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
We choose local ingredients, typical of the way people eat in the area, at local restaurants, markets or homes.
We also cater for Vegetarians but please request this at time of booking.
Motorbike: Honda (or Yamaha) 110-125CC (semi-automatic gear)
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in air-conditioned vehicles
- Vietnam Visa Approval Letter (Stamp fee is not included)
- Meals as stated in the program (B= breakfast, L= lunch, D= dinner)
- Experienced English Speaking Tour Guide & 24/7 hotline support guaranteed
- All entrance and sightseeing tickets as mentioned in the program
- Drinking water available on the vehicles (01 bottle water/pp/day)
- Optional tours
- Surcharges for other language guides
- Surcharges for Lunar New Year (TET) holiday
- Personal travel insurance
- Personal expenditure, such as drinks, souvenirs, laundry, camera fees, communications, postage, gratuities etc.
- Meals and services other than mentioned in the program
- Drinks with meals
- Visa stamp fees at Vietnamese embassies overseas and/ or upon arrival (Please note that a visa is compulsory for most nationalities.)
- Other services not mentioned above.
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation) for trips to Vietnam
- Prices are valid 30 days from date of offer. Past this date price and conditions may be readjusted
- If one or some proposed service(s) is (are) not available at the moment of booking, we will try to find other possibilities/options or other similar service(s) in order to avoid changes to the program.