After arriving at Noi Bai Airport, Ultimate Odyssey Travel tour guide will pick you up and then transfer to the lovely hotel for check in. You are at your leisure for the rest of the day.
Hanoi Opera House at night
Enjoy your tasty breakfast and it is a great time in the morning to explore the Vietnamese capital by bike.
Firstly, we cycling to Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum complex (closed on Monday, Friday and during the months of June and August) and his former residence (closed on Monday and Friday), which includes the famous One Pillar Pagoda and the Temple of Literature, known as the first university of Vietnam in more than 1000 years ago.
Continue the city tour to Museum of Ethnology and after a delicious lunch, enjoy a leisurely ride on your own bike around the city. On the weekend, you can stroll around the Sword Lake with the mix of modern buildings, ancient temples in the Old Quarter, vibrant Night Market and even dive into the exciting nightlife with your friends on the tangle of ancient streets etc.
- Acitvity: Cycling distance:
- Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi
In the morning, our friendly guide and driver will pick you up for a scenic 2-hour drive to Hoa Binh. After that, hop on your bike and cycle about 40 kilometres to Cao Phong, through quiet ethnic Thai villages, enjoy the tranquillity of the rice paddies and interesting locals encounter. Then you can climb limestone peaks while observing the verdant valley.
Upon arrival, take a short 30-minute transfer to have lunch in Man Duc before transferring to the Da River Reservoir. Stretch your legs by cycling along the Da River, passing spectacular karst cliffs, paddy fields and admiring the alluring scene of the Mai Chau valley. The peaceful Mai Chau town is located in a breath-taking valley surrounded by rolling karst mountains which are famous for its stunning scenery and friendly hill tribes.
At night, appreciate the local hospitality in a simple stilt-house inside Poom Coong village. Your friendly hosts will cook up a marvellous home-made dinner, and an opportunity to sample some local rice wine produced in the region.
- Cycling distance approx. 40KM
- Accommodation: Homestay in Poom Coong Village, Mai Chau
Biking through rice fields
In the early morning, pump up your spirit with a cycling trip of 30 kilometres from Mai Chau to Mai Hai, and then to Co Luong. Ride through verdant rice paddies and test your skills with the shallow potholes that can be found on the road. Pass beautiful farms and see the ponderous water buffalo draw the load behind. Wave to amicable locals on your way with the beautiful Vietnam surrounding - verdant rice paddies, elevated limestone mountains, tranquil rivers and enchanting historic sites.
After that, our transfer will take you along the Ho Chi Minh Road with a lunch stop before Ninh Binh. Arrive in Ninh Binh, take a 30 km bike tour around the local area. This is an amazing opportunity to see the local daily life as well as enjoy the beautiful countryside.
In the evening, have dinner on your own and relax in Ninh Binh town.
- Cycling distance approx. 60Kms
- Accommodation: Hotel in Ninh Binh
After a hearty breakfast at your hotel, start riding your bike from Ninh Binh to Tam Coc, when you will have the chance to soak into one of Vietnam’s most sensational views – limestone karst summits pushing out of peaceful rice paddies, the sounds and views of the tranquil river, which winds through the fields. When you arrive in Tam Coc, visit the Hang Pagoda and observe the magnificent Bai Dinh Pagoda - Vietnam’s largest pagoda.
Continue your biking journey to Hoa Lu, the ancient capital of Vietnam under the Dinh Dynasty, which can be seen in the lasting and stunning archways and temples. Enjoy a lunch break at the Dinh or the Le Temple. Return to your hotel and at leisure for the rest of the day.
- Cycling distance approx. 30Kms
- Accommodation: Hotel in Ninh Binh
Cycling in Ninh Binh
Being listed as a World Heritage with a mesmerizing beauty, Halong Bay is a must-see destination when you visit Vietnam. And there is no better way to witness this natural wonder than an overnight cruise trip, which is also included in this journey.
After breakfast at your hotel, you will be leaving Ninh Binh for a scenic drive and short bike route to come to Halong Bay. Reaching the port at about mid-day, friendly and professional staff on the cruise, will support in check-in and arranging rooms, before you have lunch on-board with other guests while the junk heads to Halong Bay. There will be a plenty of exciting activities on-cruises, including sightseeing and visiting Thien Cung Grotto, beach activities like kayaking, or cooking class on deck with lesson on making Vietnamese traditional dishes.
Dinner with fresh seafood is served at around. And the rest of the night is for you to enjoy tranquil atmosphere of the bay. Note: Please be kindly informed that the tour guide will not escort you on the cruises, and be replaced by crew members who are fluent in English.
- Accommodation: On-board an overnight cruise in Halong Bay
- Cycling distance approx. 30KMs
- Note: Our tour guide will not accompany aboard the cruise in Halong Bay. Resident English speaking guide on board is available.
Halong bay at night
You might start your 2nd day in Halong with an early tai-chi class, or simply wake up and witness the amazing sunrise on the bay. Breakfast is served a bit later, with tea and bread, while the vessels continue cruising through rock islands and returning to base.
Reaching the port, your transfer is waiting to bring you to Noi Bai International Airport by 3.5 hours journey.
Take flight to Hue. Upon arrival, our driver is currently waiting and will transfer you to the hotel in the center of city. Check-in to the hotel and free at leisure to relax.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hue
Tai Chi Class in the early morning
Have breakfast at your hotel in Hue then carry on with your exploration of the former imperial capital of Vietnam. Hue holds the treasures of Vietnam’s former royal and a curious mix of bustling streets and tranquil settings.
Cycling around 25km through the green rice paddies to visit every Hue’s remarkable destinations, including temples, King's tombs, ruins, pagodas and stunning scenery. During your bike tour, visit the magnificent Imperial Citadel, including the Forbidden Purple City. The Forbidden Purple City was almost ruined during the Vietnam War’s Tet Offensive, but the foliage-concealed ruins give an idea of the destruction brought upon the country during the war. You have enough time for short breaks to admire the places.
After that, enjoy the delicious Hue’s cuisine as it is considered the best in Vietnam. It is also influenced both by its imperial heritage (small dishes and focus on artistic demonstration) and its vigorous Buddhist heredity, illustrated in the high percentage of vegetarian restaurants in the area. The vibrant Dong Ba Market offers a sumptuous of goods and foods to watch and savor. It’s a good location to try some local specialty that blessed the Nguyen emperors’ banquet tables, such as the ‘banh khoai’ - A perfect answer to the pancake.
- Cycling distance appox. 35KMs
- Accommodation: Hotel in Hue
Cycling in Hue
Today we will leave Hue behind to ride through some mountainous area (approximately 80 kilometres) as you conquer one of the legendary passes in Vietnam, which known as the Hai Van Pass (Ocean Cloud). Its road curves back and forth all the way to the tropical south and the laid back town of Hoi An. Drivers are rewarded with striking views of cloudy mountains, beautiful sandy beaches, alluring forests and the twinkling lights. At 500 metres above sea level and the up/down slope ranges from 5-10%, there will be plenty of well-earned breaks along the way to take in the views, snap some photos and rehydrate. After that, you will be spoiled in Hoi An ancient town from lantern-lit streets, lively markets, artisan stores, ancient buildings and colourful temples which also known as the Vietnamese land of marvels. Lately, Hoi An has been declared as a World Heritage site, it is being attractively restored and preserved, with portions of the town looking precisely like they did more than a century ago. This makes its streets of low tiled buildings perfect for everyone’s promenade. Enjoy the evening time to soak up the atmosphere, or just savor some delicious local cuisines in a restaurant after an exhausting day of bike tour.
- Cycling distance appox. 80KMs
- Accommodation: Hotel in Hoi An
Cycling through Hai Van Pass
8:30am our tour guide will will pick up you at your hotel, transfer to our bike store for bike fiting and pedal the back-streets from Hoi An to Cam Kim.
From here, we will leave on cycle to discover the authentic countryside and islands. During the tour, you will ride the quiet paths through the small fishing villages, local farms and fields. We will discover how wooden river boats are made, see and learn the secret of weaving the colorful straw “Hoi An” sleeping mats. You also have opportunity to visit local family, try local wine and meet wonderful people.
We will have plenty of time to chat with locals and learn about their way of life before taking an hour boat ride from the island to Hoi An, discover even more of the delta and the waterways of Thu Bon river.
Enjoy a delicous home-cooked meal at our family. Then cycling back to your hotel in Hoi An.
- Cycling distance approx 20km in summer day, 37km in winter day
- Accommodation: Hotel in Hoi An
Cycling in Cam Kim Island
Today, we will depart on the scenic Highway One for Quy Nhon, one of the routes that is less travelled by tourists. Embark on your bike tour from Hoi An to Ha Lam to have a look at the verdant paddy fields and observe the people’s daily life. Then hop in the minivan for ground transportation before climbing back on your bikes to cycle to the coastal city of Quy Nhon. The city is packed with long stretches of beach and relaxed avenues, which is a great place to get an authentic experience of the coastal life.
- Cycling distance appox. 60KMs
- Accommodation: Hotel in Quy Nhon
Cycling along Quy Nhon Beach
Hotel (14 nights)
Overnight cruise in Halong bay (1 night)
Homestay in Mai Chau (1 night)
Air-conditioning back-up car
High quality mountain bike (TREK or GIANT)
- Mountain Bike (TREK), helmet, 1 biking water bottle per person
- 1 Experienced Cycling English Speaking Guide
- 1 Assistant guide for 8-16 cyclist, 2 Assistant guides for 17+ cyclists
- 1 first aid kit per guide
- Each guide will have a full set of travel bike tools
- Private air-conditioned vehicle for transfer and back up as itinerary.
- 16-seater van for two to three pax
- 16-seater van and luggage truck for to seven pax
- 29-seater van, luggage truck and backup bike for eight to nine pax
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner)
- Plenty of water provided throughout the day when cycling
- Snacks and local fruits
- Sightseeing tickets where mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation as listed above
- Flight reconfirmations
- Complimentary Vietnam Visa Approval Letter
- International flights and Visa arrangement
- Others meals not mentioned above
- Alcoholic, and other beverages beyond water – we can add this into costs at your request
- Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Any other services not clearly mentioned in the itinerary and in the inclusive portion.
- Routes: There are some parts of the ride that could be busy with traffic, please always follow your guide’s instructions for a safe ride. The cycling route can be changed due to external circumstances such as weather.
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation) for trips to Vietnam.
- Reservations during peak times (Christmas, New Year, Vietnamese Lunar New Year, National Holidays) may be subject to supplementary charges.
- Rooms at hotels are available only from 1400 on arrival day till 1200 on departure date. A supplement will be added if early check-in or late check-out is desired.
- Please note that all the above services & tours have yet to be booked, they are proposed for your information only and we will not make any reservations before we receive your confirmation to do so.
- If one or some proposed service(s) is (are) not available at the moment of booking, we will try to find other possibilities/options or other similar service(s) in order to avoid changes to the program.
|Type of Bike|
|Total Cycling KM||~|
|Total cycling days||days|
|Support||Fully supported van including spare part, back up service|
|Group Size||Minimum 2 pax|