Duration: Full Day: 08:30 - 17:30 (9 hours)
Departure point and End point: Hotel in Hanoi City Center
Explore fairy-tale landscapes and sacred shrines on this exciting Hanoi day trip. Travel through the scenic Red River Delta and board a rowboat for a cruise down the Yen River. Admire endless views of limestone karsts and lush rice paddies before joining local pilgrims at Perfume Pagoda.
- Explore one of the pagoda temples of the Mahayana Buddhists of Vietnam
- Get stunning views of the landscape on a boat trip along the Yen River
- Look at the amazing carvings at the entrance to Huong Tich Cave
- Take a scenic drive through the Red River Delta
8:30AM Tour guide and Driver will come to your hotel in Hanoi City to pick you up. Enjoy a scenic drive through the rich farming land of the Red River Delta, to one of northern Vietnam’s holiest sites.
10:30AM Arrive in Perfume Pagoda. On arrival, board a private rowing boat for the relaxing cruise down the Yen River. Pass by towering limestone karsts and vibrant rice paddies, enjoying the peaceful countryside atmosphere.
11:00AM Stop along the way stop at Den Trinh for an introduction into Vietnam’s Mahayana Buddhist religion. See local worshippers burning incense to pray for good luck and good fortune.
You may trek up (or take cable car to the mountain) to Perfume pagoda (top of the mountain), enjoy the spectacular landscape and learn more about typical Vietnamese Buddhist religious.
Then continue to the base of Perfume Pagoda for a tour of the many shrines and temples built upon the limestone hills. Start with a visit to the popular pilgrimage point of Trien Tru, learning about the history of the site and its symbolic designs. Continue up the mountain, passing other shrines and a stone believed to be the preserved footprint of the Goddess of Mercy, Quan Yin.
Then descend in to Huong Tich Cave, the most important pagoda in Vietnam. Admire the statues of deities and incredible stalactites and stalagmites. The guide will point out some of the most sacred sites, such as certain stalactites believed to bring prosperity or increase fertility.
12:00PM: After this fascinating visit, take a break for lunch. Find a scenic stop atop the hill and enjoy a picnic lunch. Enjoy one final view from the top of Perfume Pagoda then journey down the hill to the water’s edge.
13:30PM Then get back to Thien Tru quay to visit more beautiful and precious sculptures, taking photos, worshiping, getting on boat again back to the wharf and drive back to your hotel in Hanoi.
17:30PM Arrive at your hotel in Hanoi. Tour ends.
Vietodyssey Travel would love to meet you again!
Price & Inclusion
|3 - 4 pax
|5 - 7 pax
|8 - 10 pax
NOTE: PRICE PER PERSON
* Please contact our travel consultants at firstname.lastname@example.org to get discount for big group OR special price for children (under 10 years old).
* Private tour for a solo traveler is also available with a surcharge. Single supplement: applies for those who travelling with others but requires an single room for him/herself.
* The prices above are for the ready-to-book adventure outlined in this detailed program which has been handcrafted by our product experts to include the best of every destination. Our travel consultants are also happy to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and style of travel: longer or shorter stays, offer hotel upgrades, or add an extension to additional places of interes
Air-conditioning Car with professional driver
- 01 Lunch at local restaurant
- English speaking guide (for other languages supplements apply)
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees for mentioned visits
- Boat trips as mentioned in the itinerary
- Other meals than mentioned
- Other services than mentioned
- Cable car if needed
- International and domestic Flights
- Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
- Tips, Travel insurance
- Proper walking shoes must be worn for this tour. The trek can be strenuous for some as the path is fairly steep. As an option there is a cable car which can be taken instead of walking (Extra cost on client’s own account).
- During Tet (Vietnamese New Year; Feb – Apr) and the three months preceding it, the Perfume Pagoda is crowded with pilgrims and travels and is not recommended. For further details, please contact one of our travel consultants.