Blessed with rich forest, limestone panoramas, magnificent rice terraces and breathtaking scenery, Pu Luong Nature Reserve is now a popular destination for those who seek for untouched experiences. With 4 days, you will engage in various activities such as visiting the bat cave at Kho Muong, rafting on Ma River, trekking to pleasant Thai villages and much more.
Get in our car this morning and we will take you along National Road No.6 to the small, isolated town of Mai Chau, which is about 160km from Hanoi. Nestled between two towering cliffs and surrounded by emerald green paddies, it is an enchanting sight that presents an idyllic rural scene. Stop en route to capture the beautiful moments of the valley. Lunch with delicious local food is served in the village.
In the afternoon, take a short drive to the boat dock and embark on a boat trip along Ma River, followed by a 2-3 hour walk through beautiful hillside villages, stunning rice paddies, and crafted bamboo water wheels. With this trip, you will have a chance to admire the wild beauty of Pu Luong Nature Reserve and discover the daily life of the local White Thai people.
Enjoy the night stay in a local house in Hang Village.
Wake up early and stroll around the peaceful village, then enjoy a light breakfast with Thai food served by your host family. Our Pu Luong trekking tours will take you at least a day and you will start with the journey to Eo Ken and Kho Muong villages, which is approximately 6 hours. The first half of the trekking is a bit difficult with some steep climbs and stream crossings, but the second half compensates it all as you will hike through a beautiful valley, rice terraces, rich rain forests and meandering streams. Enjoy a picnic lunch at Eo Ken village. In the afternoon, arrive in Kho Muong village and admire its beautiful setting - nestled between steep karst mountains with surrounding rice terraces. Enjoy the night stay in a local Thai house.
Have a full breakfast today as we will have a long day of hiking. The path from Kho Muong Village to Nua Village is the hardest path of Pu Luong trekking tours with steeper climbs and more stream crossings. Along the way, visit a beautiful cave that was only recently discovered and is now protected by the Forest Rangers. Continue trekking to remote areas while passing through steep limestone mountains and rain forest. Head further into the Pu Luong Nature Reserve to visit Nua village. A cool stream is there so you can cool yourself down after a rough trek! A picnic lunch will then be served. After lunch, spend a short time to relax before continuing our journey to Hin – the village of Thai people. After a warm welcome, you will spend your time chatting with the local people to learn about their traditional customs and culture. Have dinner in a traditional house and enjoy your night stay.
Bid farewell to your host family before starting the trek up a high limestone mountain range. It may be a hard job, but the cool breeze and beautiful views along the way will keep you refreshed and excited for the adventure. The Pu Luong tours are fulfilled by having a picnic lunch en route.
In the afternoon, enjoy a leisurely walk before finally arriving at the Ton village, where our driver will be waiting to take you back Hanoi.
Price & Inclusion
|2 pax||3 - 4 pax||5 - 7 pax|
|Superior||USD $396||USD $279||USD $248|
NOTE: PRICE PER PERSON
* Please contact our travel consultants at firstname.lastname@example.org to get discount for big group OR special price for children (under 10 years old).
* Private tour for a solo traveler is also available with a surcharge. Single supplement: applies for those who travelling with others but requires an single room for him/herself.
* The prices above are for the ready-to-book adventure outlined in this detailed program which has been handcrafted by our product experts to include the best of every destination. Our travel consultants are also happy to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and style of travel: longer or shorter stays, offer hotel upgrades, or add an extension to additional places of interes
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Service of English Speaking Guide as mentioned in the itinerary
- International flights in/ out Vietnam
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Vietnam Visa fees
- Reservations during peak times (Christmas, New Year, Vietnamese Lunar New Year, National Holidays) may be subject to supplementary charges.
- Please note that all the above services & tours have yet to be booked, they are proposed for your information only and we will not make any reservations before we receive your confirmation to do so.o If one or some proposed service(s) is (are) not available at the moment of booking, we will try to find other possibilities/options or other similar service(s) in order to avoid changes to the program