- Enjoy Vietnam’s endless mountainous landscapes: Travel around the amazing highlands of the north, admiring terraced paddy fields, spectacular mountains and idyllic rivers
- Explore Vietnam’s ethnic diversity: Visit various colourful markets and villages near Sapa, meeting different hill tribe groups and seeing their unique traditions.
- Trek Sapa’s surroundings: Follow small trails around Sapa while meeting locals along the way and enjoying striking views in every corners
Start your tour with a transfer to the Hanoi Train Station for the overnight train to Lao Cai.
Accommodation: Overnight on the train in a soft sleeper compartment.
Upon arrival to Lao Cai, have a tasty breakfast before paying a visit to the local market where the Black Dao, Tay, Flower Hmong, Phu La and Nung hill tribe are grouping together to offer a variety of local products including its interesting animal market and you can also have a taste of the fresh products right inside the market.
Note: These local markets are not held on Mondays or Fridays; arrival to Lao Cai should be planned outside these non-market days.
Continue with a short stroll to a hill-tribe village and learn about their daily life as well as their rich traditions and culture.
Afterwards, transfer by a 1-hour scenic drive up through the mountains to the former hill station town of Sapa. In the terraced hills, the verdure landscape is brighten up by the lively colors from the colourful hill tribe populations.
Accommodation: Hotel in Sapa
After breakfast, leave Sapa behind for a 30-minute scenic drive to Ban Khoang Valley. Along the way, enjoy the striking views of Hoang Lien Mountain Range and the Vietnam's highest peak, Mount Fansipan.
The first stop is Lu Khau Village in Ban Khoang Valley as it is home to the Blue Hmong and Red Dao minorities. Take a short walk to explore the village and meet the friendly local people to learn about their interesting culture and lifestyle.
Heading out for another quick transfer to Ta Giang Phinh Valley and enjoy a local lunch here. After that, enjoy a stroll through the beautiful village and verdant valley which is also home to Blue Hmong ethnic minority people. Visit local houses to see some handicrafts workshops and witness how the locals working in the fields with their buffalos.
Mid-late afternoon transfer back to Sapa town and the rest of the day is at leisure.
Accommodation: Hotel in Sapa
Note: Appropriate footwear must be worn before trekking in Sapa. If conditions are wet, programs may be changed.
Start your morning early by participating in the half-day trekking tour to Stone Cave and Sau Chua Village. Located 8 km east of Sapa, it is home to the Black Hmong minority group where they still living their traditional, unique way of life despite the recent changes and tourism boom in Sapa.
Take a stroll along the quiet narrow alleys and see the modest, simple houses of the Black H’mong people.
Return to the hotel to checkout and enjoy the last minute to discover the Sapa town’s hidden charm.
After that, you can choose one of the following option for the bus transfer from Sapa to Hanoi:
- FIRST CLASS OPTION - transfer to the Sapa Express Bus meeting point for the comfortable Sapa Express bus (shared) to Hanoi. Departs Sapa at 16:00 and arrives to Hanoi at approximately 21:30.
- SUPERIOR & DELUXE OPTIONS – Transfer to Topas Ecolodge or Sapa town to join the Topas Limousine Bus transfer to Hanoi. Departs Sapa at 13:45 - 14:30 and arrives Hanoi at approximately 20:00.
Arrive back in Hanoi at the bus drop off point. Please make your own arrangements for transferring to your chosen accommodation in Hanoi (not included – contact us further for different transport options.)
- Accommodation in a shared twin or shared double room
- Train tickets based on shared cabins
- Meals as mentioned (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- English speaking guide (for other languages supplements apply)
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees for mentioned visits
- Other meals than mentioned
- Other services than mentioned
- International and domestic Flights
- Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
- Tips, Travel insurance
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation) for trips to Vietnam.
- Prices are valid 30 days from date of offer. Past this date price and conditions may be readjusted.
- The cost of air tickets is subject to change without prior notice by the airlines.
- Reservations during peak times (Christmas, New Year, Vietnamese Lunar New Year, National Holidays) may be subject to supplementary charges.
- Rooms at hotels are available only from 1400 on arrival day till 1200 on departure date. A supplement will be added if early check-in or late check-out is desired.
- Please note that all the above services & tours have yet to be booked, they are proposed for your information only and we will not make any reservations before we receive your confirmation to do so.
- If one or some proposed service(s) is (are) not available at the moment of booking, we will try to find other possibilities/options or other similar service(s) in order to avoid changes to the program.