Approx: 2-hour driving/ 4 hours walking/ 1-hour lunch.
- Leave the busy life behind to enjoy a nice walk in an quiet area.
- Inhabited by the Red Dao and Hmong peoples.
- This valley is quiet and non touristic which is quite different from Ta Phin or Muong Hoa valleys where the local peoples have changed much because of the strong influence of tourism.
Met up at your hotel in Sapa by local guide and driver for a short road transfer heading northwards of Sapa along national road 4C to O Quy Ho with several stops for magnificent landscapes of Fansipan, Sin Chai valley and especially amazing flower and vegetable farms . Then turn right to follow a narrow road for half an hour getting through the wild region with thick rain forest covering walled-up mountains, passing several waterfalls before arriving to Ban Khoang, a village of the Red Zao ethnic peoples who live their unique way of life and well maintain their traditional values. The village looks prosperous thanks to the combination of wet rice cultivation on the terraced fields with cardamom farming under the shade of trees in thick forest. Spend over an hour walking to explore this remote village for a brief understanding of local life. Leaving Ban Khoang and process along the road for about 10km to Ta Giang Phing valley inhabited by the Black Hmong who live in some small villages scattering along a peaceful stream.
Enjoy an hour lunch break on the bank of a stream before walking along village path which connects village to village to witness daily activities of local life such as plough and harrow the fields, growing, harvesting or doing some house work. In leisure months men often gather to built new houses or repair parts of old ones while women stay home making their traditional costumes. The walk ends in mid afternoon, picked up for the road ride back to Sapa.
- English speaking tour guide
- All transportation and transfers as mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals as indication (1 lunch)
- Entrance fees and permits where applicable
- Bottle of water on coach/trek
- Pre & Post trip accommodation
- Personal expenses
- Tips and expenses
- Travel insurance
- Transportation back to Sapa Town after your trek. (The transportation will either be by motorbike taxi or shared minibus depending on the size of your group.)
- Your guide will meet you at your hotel in Sapa, or at our office in Sapa to begin the trek. You can leave your luggage in our office while trekking. Showers are also available at our office.
- You will only decide the exact route of your trek on the day when you meet your guide. This allows you to choose a trek which suits your ability and interests. Your guide will be able to advise you on the best routes and places of interest. Some routes may not be available due to adverse weather conditions, but your guide will be able to advise you.