This trip aims to show you the most beautiful route in North Vietnam: a journey from Sapa to Mu Cang Chai then Hanoi. It covers the least-visited, but most stunning destinations of the region, including Sapa, Nghia Lo, Tu Le and Mu Cang Chai. You will enjoy a relaxing car trip on the mountainous route and a scenic hike to admire the picturesque settings of terraced rice fields in Nghia Lo, Tu Le and Sa Pa. These imposing fields draw a number of Vietnamese youth who love to take pictures and travel with a sense of adventure. Amidst this magnificent landscape, you will meet ethnic minority people in their colorful costumes.
Encounter The Fearless Feelings In Reality
- An intensive exploration of Mu Cang Chai, Tu Le & Nghia Lo: landscapes & local ethnic cultures.
- Interesting trekking routes to the most impressive sceneries of terraced rice fields, mountains, valleys & remote villages
- Chances to witness the local ethnics’ daily life, interact with friendly locals, enjoying their home cooked foods when homestaying in or trekking to their villages.
- Interesting trekking tours to view natural landscapes of mountains, waterfalls & valleys of rice terraces dotted with remote local villages.
- Chances to enjoy authentic local foods during the journey.
- You are traveling by private comfortable transfer, visiting the most picturesque rice terrace fields and meeting friendly local people in their home villages, viewing their daily life, house styles, farming works on rice terraces.
09:00 P.M Pick up at the lobby of the hotel in Hanoi transfer to Hanoi Railways Station for the night train to Lao Cai.
Accommodation: 4 berth soft sleeper train cabin
6h30 am, tour guide and driver of Vietodyssey Travel will pick you up at Lao Cai Station upon your early arrival for over an hour drive uphill in a shared minivan to Sapa. After freshen up and Breakfast in a local restaurant you will have free time enjoy a free walk around this charming town, paying visit to Sapa market and the old cathedral where you can meet a lot of local ethnic minority peoples such as Black H’mong and Red Zao wearing their traditional colorful dresses selling their farming and gathering products and handicrafts for souvenir.
9h00 am, Begin your exploration trip to Muong Hoa valley. You will follow the main road heading south for about an hour before turning right to a foot path down hill to Muong Hoa Valley. This part offers spectacular scenery of the highest part of Hoang Lien Son mountain range and in a nice day, Fansipan Peak can be seen. Crossing the river by a suspension bridge you will challenge your feet uphill to Y Linh Ho village. Here you will pay visiting to some H’mong families, watching them doing their daily works. After picnic Lunch, the trail continues up and down hill for about 2 hours as you reach to Lao Chai, a large village of the H’mong and then following the river bank to Ta Van of the Zay people. Paying visiting to local homes, village schools… you will enjoy much your cultural discovery of local ethnic peoples as well as breathtaking scenery of the Muong Hoa Valley.
17h00. You will be transferred back to your hotel. Free time and Dinner is on your own.
Accommodation: Sapa Panorama hotel or similar
Trekking in Sapa
Check out to leave Sapa this morning, we will head to Mu Cang Chai where have beautiful terraced fields that was recognized as heritage of terraced fields. From Sapa town, our car will take us cross Tram Ton Pass where you can enjoy freshestand cool air and nice landscapes including Love Waterfall. Taking tours to visit villages of Muong Khoa, Muong Kim and Na Kim where you can see very colorful minority groups.
Lunch en route.
Arrival in Mu Cang Chai at mid afternoon, we will drive to Kim Noi village, the village of Black Thai people, one family here will be our host today. Leisure time we may take a strolling around this village to see the normal life of villagers. Dinner with family.
Accommodation: Overnight at Kim Noi village of Thai people in Mu Cang Chai.
Homestay on stilts-house
After having breakfast at the homestay, we will walk to visit Hua Khat Village which is home to Hmong Tribe and it will be great day for photo opportunity with amazing landscape of rice paddy. Continue to walk to the main road where car is waiting for, crossing Cao Pha Pass on the bumpy road and visiting bee-growing farm and some minority groups on the way until you get to Tu Le. Arrive in local people house then you are free at your leisure.
Overnight at Kim Noi village of Thai people in Mu Cang Chai.
Cao Pha Pass with stunning view
After having breakfast, we continue our trip by car to Hanoi via Muong Lo (Nghia Lo). This is quite unspoiled tourist destination where you can enjoy the most beautiful landscapes. Visiting Dzao and Thai minorities on the way. Lunch en route in your own. Arriving in Hanoi around 03:00 P.M, ends the tour by dropping you off at your hotel.
Price & Inclusion
|2 pax||3 - 4 pax||5 - 7 pax||8 - 10 pax|
|Superior||USD $366||USD $278||USD $235||USD $218|
|Standard||USD $359||USD $269||USD $228||USD $206|
NOTE: PRICE PER PERSON
* Please contact our travel consultants at email@example.com to get discount for big group OR special price for children (under 10 years old).
* Private tour for a solo traveler is also available with a surcharge. Single supplement: applies for those who travelling with others but requires an single room for him/herself.
* The prices above are for the ready-to-book adventure outlined in this detailed program which has been handcrafted by our product experts to include the best of every destination. Our travel consultants are also happy to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and style of travel: longer or shorter stays, offer hotel upgrades, or add an extension to additional places of interes
(Your accommodation is provided in a traditional house-on-silts. There’s no private room and you’ll sleep on the floor in a large communal area. The sleeping corner is set up with a single mattress, blankets, pillow and mosquito net. The restroom is at international standard and a few steps from the main house)
4 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners
We choose local ingredients, typical of the way people eat in the area, at local restaurants, markets or homes. We also cater for Vegetarians, please request this at time of booking.
Air-conditioning car with professional driver
Special Information: Sleeper trains typically have four berth compartments (occasionally six berth depending on seasonal variations and group configuration), which have bench seats that convert into sleeping bunks. A sheet, pillow and blanket are provided, although some travellers prefer to bring their own sleeping sheet. On occasion, passengers of different genders will be required to share a compartment and there will be times where you'll be sharing with local travellers or others who are not part of your group. Some trains have a dining carriage serving simple food or snack carts, but travellers tend to prefer to take some of their own snacks (bread, cookies, fruit etc) in case of getting the munchies.
- One way train tickets Hanoi – Lao cai
- Private car transfer along the trip
- Private pick-up & -off services by private car
- English speaking guide with enthusiastic, responsible, warm service
- All private transfer and transportation
- Meal as in itinerary + Water: B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
- Accommodation as indicated in the itinerary
- Entrance fees
- Visa to Vietnam
- International and domestic airfare
- Other meals and drinks
- Other optional and activities not on the package
- Travel insurance
- Personal expense
- Your hotel accommodation in Hanoi