As Southeast Asia’s highest peak, Mountain Fansipan (3,143 m) providing the perfect backdrop for some great trekking routes. This 1-day trek with outdoor camping offers all of the challenges and rewards of any hike. Upon reaching the summit you be one of the few who have reached up and touched the clouds, marking the roof of Indochina.
Mu Cang Chai is the best rice terraces field in Vietnam as well as friendly locals in mountainous provinces: Mu Cang Chai – where the charming essence of these lands remains unchanged. Explore these lands by hiking around unparalleled routes, meeting people of several ethnic minorities and visiting villages and typical mar Trekking Fansipan and Mu Cang chai tour will give you the exciting experience to discover the best of Northern Vietnam.
- Conquer the Roof of Indochina: Mountain Fansipan
- Explore the beauty of the best rice terrace field in Vietnam Nam: Mu Cang Chai
- Enjoy homestays & food of ethnic people
- Enjoy trekking tours to visit wonderful villages of hill tribe people
8:00am: Our guide will pick-up you at hotel. Start journey to Nghia Lo and Tu Le via Thanh Son, Thu Cuc road 32. On the way, we will spend 1,5-2 hrs visit Vietnam Ethnic Village- where displays the tradditional houses and keep the tradditional culture, life of 54 ethnic groups in Vietnam. We will introduce you about the feature group in North Vietnam such as: Mong, Thai, Dao, Tay…group
Leave Vietnam Ethnic Village, we can take a break to enjoy the Milk products or Green Tea hill in Phu Tho province.
Arrive Nghia Lo town in the afternoon, check-in homestay and take a break a few minitue before do a short cycle trip to explore the Thai village – where is the home of Thai people in Vietnam. Cycling between rice fields, beside the stream, visit the house, chatting with locals or say Hello with the friendly & kute children beside the road.
Back to homestay, enjoy the good meals and sleep on the stilt house- the tradditional house of Thai people.
If you travel in the group from 6 people, there will be a traditional performance, with the local intereting songs and dancing.
Distance trekking or cycling: Around 4-5km
Trekking or cycling Time: Around 1,5-2hrs
Drive time: around: 6hrs
Homestay Nghia Lo
You will be surprise before the wonderful rice terrace belong the route from Tu Le – Mù Cang Chải.
Run over the Khau Pha pass (one of the four greatest passes in Northern Vietnam with 40km, connect Tu Le and Mu Cang Chai). We’ll cross Từ Lê town, you’ll have chance to see the interesting activities of Thai women in Tú Lệ making the “Com – green rice” – the famous special product of Tú Lệ belong your road in the harvest season. Most scenic roads which offer a lot of stops for picturing as the view point to see the Lim Mong, Lim Thái village or paragliding-point on the top of this pass. We will spend 1-2hrs trekking through the village of Thai people.
When arrive Mu Cang Chai, we will continue take 3-4hrs (13km) to trek from La Pan Tan village to Mam Xoi – the best view in Mu Cang Chai . On the trekking way, we will go up to the high mountain, pass to the Hmong village and Waterfall in remote area, visit a kinder garden school. From the above, we can see the amazing view of Rice terraces field, visit some schools, playing game or singing with children. Beside seeing the beauty of Rice field, you’ll guided how to plant rice, harvest rice or discover the farm working of locals. It will be exciting experience. Enjoy stunning landscapes along the way, the stunning views of countryside and nature, visit local villages, experience daily life of hill tribe people, how to make traditional clothes…
Note: 3- hour drive & 5-6 hrs trek /day
Khau Pha Pass
After our breakfast, we will spend 3 hours to continue follow the local guide to trek from Che Cu Nha to Kim Noi village. There’s more time to enjoy the other view of Rice Terrace fields and experience life in Mu Cang Chai. After lunch at Mu Cang Chai, we transfer to Sapa.
We’ll pass to the pass over O Quy Ho pass, one of the four greatest passes in Vietnam where there are the highest peak of Indochina: Mt Fansipan. You can enjoy fresh and cool air and nice landscapes. …It will be unforgettable experience. Stay at Hotel 3* in Sapa.
Accommodation: Hotel in Sapa
O Quy Ho Pass
After breakfast at hotel, we will arrange the guide and driver at the hotel at 8:00am, you will be transfer by car to Tram Ton Gate to Heaven Gate, the highest peak of roads in Vietnam. From there you can see Fansipan, the highest peak of Indochina mountains as well as enjoy stunning views. The trek will be relatively soft until lunchtime. After a couple of hours of hiking, you will have a break at a nice spot in the forest and enjoy a good lunch.
With new energy you start ascending as well as descending towards the campsite. En route you have many opportunities to enjoy the scenery and magnificent views to Sapa area and beautiful landscape of Lai Chau province. You will arrive to the campsite at 2800m ASL in the late afternoon. Now it is time to relax and enjoy a well prepared dinner.
Trekking: 5 hrs/ascend 2,800 m from 1,900 m
After having breakfast, you climb to the top, where you can celebrate your victory. From there, you can enjoy the best view to beautiful sceneries. You will then trek through rainforest to go back to the campsite for lunch.
After lunch, you start your journey back. You follow the trail as well as stone steeps built by Hoang Lien National Park until you meet your car, which is there to take you back to Sapa. In the afternoon you will arrive back in Sapa, enjoy your dinner (fee is on your side) and back to Hanoi by train.
Trekking: 7,5 hrs/ascend 3,143 m to Sapa
Note: If you want to back Sapa by cable car, pay more $40/person.
Accommodation: 4-berth soft sleeper, sharing cabin train
P/s: The itinerary can change according your requirement.
Price & Inclusion
|2 pax||3 - 4 pax||5 - 7 pax||8 - 10 pax|
|Standard (2*)||USD $430||USD $278||USD $246||USD $225|
NOTE: PRICE PER PERSON
* Please contact our travel consultants at email@example.com to get discount for big group OR special price for children (under 10 years old).
* Private tour for a solo traveler is also available with a surcharge. Single supplement: applies for those who travelling with others but requires an single room for him/herself.
* The prices above are for the ready-to-book adventure outlined in this detailed program which has been handcrafted by our product experts to include the best of every destination. Our travel consultants are also happy to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and style of travel: longer or shorter stays, offer hotel upgrades, or add an extension to additional places of interes
Homestay on stilt house (2 nights)
Hotel (1 night)
Hut (1 night)
4-berth soft sleeper cabin train (1 night) - Can be replaced by 6-hours bus ride
- Private pick-up & -off services by private car
- English speaking guide with enthusiastic, responsible, warm service
- All private transfer and transportation
- Meal as in itinerary + Water
- Accommodation as indicated in the itinerary
- Entrance fees
- Private service
- Airport taxes
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Emergency transfers
- Others not mentioned above
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation) for trips to Vietnam.
- Prices are valid 30 days from date of offer. Past this date price and conditions may be readjusted.
- Reservations during peak times (Christmas, New Year, Vietnamese Lunar New Year, National Holidays) may be subject to supplementary charges.
- Rooms at hotels are available only from 1400 on arrival day till 1200 on departure date. A supplement will be added if early check-in or late check-out is desired.
- Please note that all the above services & tours have yet to be booked, they are proposed for your information only and we will not make any reservations before we receive your confirmation to do so.
- If one or some proposed service(s) is (are) not available at the moment of booking, we will try to find other possibilities/options or other similar service(s) in order to avoid changes to the program.