Explore the colourful ethnic groups and experience the sheer thrill of travelling along tortuous roads that you'll never forget. This trekking in Ha Giang 5 days 4 nights trip will take you to the most impressive region of Vietnam. Over five days you will discover colourful local markets of the ethnic minority communities, trek through the soaring mountains and experience the dizzying mountain passes of Dong Van and the Ma Pi Leng.
Must-Visit Attractions In Vietnam
- Explore the stunning beauty of DONG VAN KARST PLATEAU GEOPARK
- Amazing trekking on Ma Pi Leng Pass and Nho Que river
- Enjoy trekking tours to visit wonderful villages of hill tribe people – Dao, Mong, Tay, LoLo, etc ethnic groups
- Have chance to visit Duong Lam Ancient Village where you can see hundreds of ancient houses
After breakfast at your hotel, your guide will pick you up at around 08:00. You will travel to Ha Giang via Tuyen Quang, crossing tea plantations, mountains and villages of ethnic minority groups. You will have lunch at a local restaurant, arriving in Ha Giang in the late afternoon. Time permitting, you can explore the town and meet the local people. You will have dinner and stay overnight in Tay house.
You will set off from the homestay and trek to the village Lung Vai (6-8 hours). Along the trek, you will have the chance to contemplate the beauty of the rice terraces, mountains and palm forests. As you venture through the wild, rugged landscape, you will meet people from the many different ethnic minority communities such as Man and Dao.
You will stop for a picnic lunch before continuing the journey to the remote village of Khuoi My. En route, you can see farmers working in the fields, and there may even be the opportunity to have a go yourself. You will travel on to Ban Tha village before being picked up and taken to Nam Dam. Dinner will be served by your host, and you will stay overnight in Dzao house.
Activities: Trekking 6-8 hours
Ban Tha Village
After purchasing the mandatory permit at the Immigration Office, you will take the spectacular road which leads to Dong Van, a series of long passes and deep valleys. You will then cross a landscape of pine forests and find yourself at the King of the H’mong’s Palace, a grand fortress built by the local chief, Vuong Chin Duc, who was allied with the French against the Viet Minh. It was evacuated in 1950 (his descendants now live in France and Canada) but it almost feels as if they left just yesterday.
You will stop for lunch in the mountain town of Dong Van. You will then take 3,5 hours trek on highest mountains of Dong Van for breathtaking panoramic views. You will also have the chance to visit H’Mong, Lo Lo and Giay ethnic villages in this incredible, untouched frontier region. You will drive to Dong Van for dinner and a night in a hotel.
Accommodation: Hotel in Dong Van
Activities: Trekking 3,5 hours
After breakfast, you will explore Dong Van Old Quarter, trekking to Pu Lo fortress which was built in 1890 and evacuated in 1945. From here you can enjoy spectacular views of the entire region. You will climb up 15 km to the top of the Ma Pi Leng Pass, through a gigantic maze of limestone peaks, stone forests, and canyons before descending into the valley of Meo Vac. You will travel back to Ha Giang for dinner and stay overnight in a riverside bungalow.
Accommodation: Bungalow in Ha Giang
Activities: Trekking 2 ~ 3 hours
Dong Van Old Quarter
You will drive back to Hanoi from Ha Giang, taking a road less travelled. You will follow the river, snaking from pass to pass through the hills of Central North Vietnam. You may find the locals are fascinated by you for few tourists ever take that secret yet spectacular route. You will then pay a visit to Duong Lam Ancient Village where you can see hundreds of ancient houses. After a short stop for lunch in local restaurant, you will return Hanoi.
Price & Inclusion
|2 pax||3 - 4 pax||5 - 7 pax||8 - 10 pax|
|Private Tour||USD $445||USD $328||USD $290||USD $245|
NOTE: PRICE PER PERSON
* Please contact our travel consultants at email@example.com to get discount for big group OR special price for children (under 10 years old).
* Private tour for a solo traveler is also available with a surcharge. Single supplement: applies for those who travelling with others but requires an single room for him/herself.
* The prices above are for the ready-to-book adventure outlined in this detailed program which has been handcrafted by our product experts to include the best of every destination. Our travel consultants are also happy to customize this journey to suit your specific interests and style of travel: longer or shorter stays, offer hotel upgrades, or add an extension to additional places of interes
Homestay (2 nights)
Hotel (1 night)
Bungalow (1 night)
04 Breakfasts, 05 Lunches, 04 Dinners
We choose local ingredients, typical of the way people eat in the area, at local restaurants, markets or homes.
We also cater for Vegetarians but please request this at time of booking.
- Hotel accommodation in double/ twin room
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner).
- Tours and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicles.
- Local English speaking guide, Other languges upon your request
- All entrance fees as indicated in itinerary.
- Sightseeing fees
- Purified water and wet towel
- Transport as programe
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fee for photo or video camera to the sites
- Tips and gratitude for guide, porters and drivers
- Others not mentioned in the price above
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation) for trips to Vietnam.
- Prices are valid 30 days from date of offer. Past this date price and conditions may be readjusted.
- Reservations during peak times (Christmas, New Year, Vietnamese Lunar New Year, National Holidays) may be subject to supplementary charges.
- Rooms at hotels are available only from 1400 on arrival day till 1200 on departure date. A supplement will be added if early check-in or late check-out is desired.
- Please note that all the above services & tours have yet to be booked, they are proposed for your information only and we will not make any reservations before we receive your confirmation to do so.
- If one or some proposed service(s) is (are) not available at the moment of booking, we will try to find other possibilities/options or other similar service(s) in order to avoid changes to the program.